Wednesday, June 4, 2008

So many small miracles...

What a wonderful day! I got to spend 12 hours in the NICU and had the time of my life. The kids are doing awesome! They are so fun. I got to give my first "baby bath" to Aria tonight. I also got to do lots of feedings with everyone. Bonus-(and I'm not even going to be sarcastic), I got to change my first poopy diaper! Actually, they were there, lined up three in a row and all with poopy diapers. It was great. I can't believe I really have three babies and as the mommy, I'm in charge of poopy diapers! WOOHOO! I KNOW-everyone is rolling their eyes at me. I'm sure the romance will wear off sometime but you have no idea how long I've waited for this!

Wow - for all of you who said a prayer today... thank you!! Every single concern I talked about was addressed today! David increased how many bottles he gets to eat and wolfed them down in 30 seconds every time. I bet he increases again tomorrow!! Aria didn't spit up once that I saw today, and I already mentioned I was there for 12hours! Levi only had a couple spells and snapped out of them before we could hardly turn and look at the monitors. He had gone all night without one last night. Finally, Dan actually got to see his kiddos tonight! We had some friends ask about coming up to Sioux Falls and seeing them, and he got to ride along! Soooo perfect. That also meant he got home at a decent time and will be able to get up early for a meeting he has to get to. Pray for his safe travels.

Happy one week old David, Aria and Levi!!

PS-More pictures soon, I promise.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, One week old!!! WOO-HOO. Happy one week old birthday guys and gal. Prayers really do help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I heard about your blog from Mindy Kindt. I scanned through quickly because I have 4 of my own little rugrats (a 3 year old and 19 month old trips) but I will read more when they go down for a nap. Seeing your babies makes me remember when mine were first born. It brings back a lot of mixed emotions. You are in for a pretty wild ride but its worth every single minute. Your babies are beautiful and I will pray for them.

    Cadi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the good work on the blog. It was great visiting with you guys and seeing the babies today. Here's the link to the blog that I was talking about http://ofarrelltriplets.blogspot.com/ Enjoy! (Not sure if our blog address got passed along to you either and I don't think that my name will link you to it so if you'd like to check it out here it is http://thekindtfamily.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete