David, Aria and Levi are doing sooo great. They are all eating lots and growing so well. We get compliments from the nurses about how they are such good babies. I hope they keep these personalities for home!
Not the best news ever today. Levi has to wait to come home until Tuesday. The rule is he has to stay 7 days after having his last "spell". He has a mild bit of sleep apnea (I have no idea to spell that on this much sleep!). Levi will go home with a monitor for when he's sleeping or in a carseat. But, that makes us feel better about making sure he's okay. It's so funny that he started out the strongest with breathing and now he's holding up the game.
Obviously, this does not make a happy mommy out of me. I am quite upset about leaving my little Levi and splitting up the babies for a few days. Once David and Aria leave the NICU, they cannot come back in, so there will not be a reunion possible until Levi is discharged. I'm really sad because my grandpa and aunt are coming for the weekend and the kids won't be together to spend time with them. I'm feeling jipped for everyone, including the kiddos. But, I know this is for the best so I have to get over it and make the best of the situation. We are very blessed my mom is coming this week and can make having babies in two locations a little easier.
One plus is that Dan and I will be immersed into parenthood with taking home two babies, instead of completely submerged by taking home all three. I know Levi is in great hands with 24/7 intensive care nurses, but they aren't Mommy and Daddy. I don't know how much we will get back up there, and Levi can't have visitors without one of us there. It's quite the pickle they put us in.
I still don't have a computer to download pictures on. I apologize. Now I must try to sleep. Pray tomorrow is not too hard on this sad Mommy.
Love, Elizabeth
So...are Aria and David home now?? How's it going?
ReplyDelete