Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day, Daniel!




I am writing to you from what I hope is our last night in the NICU. We got news today that Levi is supposed to be headed home a day early!! It's Sunday night and I'm staying over to make sure that I can be here when everything is happening in the morning. Needless to say, it takes a village and a couple hours (maybe slightly less) to get David and Aria ready to leave home... at least it did today. So, this way we don't have to worry about rushing to get here in time for anything. David and Aria are safe and sound at home with their Daddy, Grandma Rigsby and Aunt Mimi. Yes, it takes three of us. Dan and Mom recruited Mimi tonight in place of me. :)

Of course, Friday was a little hard on us. It was less than wonderful to leave little Levi behind. But, I know we needed him to stay so we know he is okay. God has a plan for our family and we trust Him. He gave me a huge blessing as we were leaving town with our little ones. A soft mist of rain had passed quickly over Sioux Falls, and we drove toward a double rainbow with our duo. I knew God was watching over us and sending me a promise of His faithfulness.

Ahhh, it has been so wonderful to have two of our babies home. The first night/morning could have gone better, but the trouble was not their fault. I was up with them for the 3am shift and was freezing cold! Then I got nauseous, and then was burning up. Finally, about 6am I realized I should probably see if I had a temperature and sure enough... 104.5 degrees. As soon as I told that number to the doctor, he said to go to the ER right away. I was a little freaked out, but feeling crummy enough not to over-react. After being checked over at our hometown emergency room, their determined I was getting an infection, mastitis. I started on antibiotics right away. Dan and my mom sent me to bed for the rest of the day and I'm sooo grateful. The fever was down by that night and I'm feeling pretty good. I've heard this is supposed to be really horrible feeling but I'm not getting that yet.

Today was an awesome day!! I'm so glad we have a day to celebrate fathers! First of all, I have a great father who is really itching to be with his grandchildren. I'm pretty sure nothing could stop him from coming this weekend to see his grandbabies. Then there is Dan's dad and getting to celebrate the man who raised my husband to be who he is today. And finally, I get to celebrate the most wonderful, caring father I could imagine being married to. He is thoughtful and sweet, patient and kind. Even in his exhaustion, I see contentment and happiness in him that hadn't been there before. He did so much to make sure they had the best start by helping me stay pregnant 35 weeks. I couldn't have done it without him. Now, I feel like he's still taking care of me and them! What a Daddy.

Well, I have got to get some sleep before Levi wakes up for the next round of changing and eating. I'll post some pictures and call it good! Keep in mind some of these pictures are old because I didn't have a computer all week.

David, sung as a bug in a rug, still in the hospital last week.

Levi

Aria... she slept like this for an hour and never stirred. She LOVES her feet out! We'll have to talk about being lady-like another day.

Aunt Amber avoiding an explosive burp from Levi. He initiated her into Auntie-hood.

Daddy playing mechanic on the carseats. :)

Daddy and his three angels.

A close-up.

My Grandpa Dickey and his first great-grandchildren. He's the only other person to hold all three babies besides Dan and I.

Four generations.

Family photo time! Just before splitting up for the weekend.

In the double stroller out in the NICU lobby. Forever released to our care!! Yay!

The rainbow... who says Friday the 13th is bad?

David and Aria at home at last!


Nigh-Night!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Fathers Day Dan! Yeah for having 2/3 of the babies home! I think God really was watching over your family Elizabeth, with such an awesome sign! Hope things are going well and Levi comes home soon too! I also hope that you are feeling better and that the antibiotics are helping! Take care.

    ReplyDelete