Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Big Levi!

Levi had his follow-up appointment today, a week after leaving the NICU. He shocked us by weighing in at 7 pounds!! I can't believe how big our "Little Levi" is! He is 20.5 inches long now. It's also interesting that David and Aria still feel distinctly heavier when you pick them up. I have big babies! They are growing up so fast. Levi weighed 4 lbs. 7 ozs. when he was born, so he has gained 2 1/2 pounds. I guess they are eating enough. They are definitely Dan's children, growing so well.

It's a little after midnight and I'm up typing while "Jon and Kate Plus 8" is on TV. They give me hope that 3 babies will be manageable. It has been quite manageable with all the help we've had so far. I had a nice 2 hour nap a little while ago so I'm on duty for now. Aunt Mimi is sleeping in the recliner, ready to help when they all get hungry again. We pray they all don't get hungry at once, because THAT is hectic.

My babies are such noisy sleepers. They grunt and groan a ton, and then settle back down. Levi is laying beside my leg and has a tiny snore. I can hear his breathing, which is nice since he is on the monitor and we want him to keep breathing. David does a lot of grunting because he eats as much air as he does food with a bottle. Aria will squeak every once in a while. I've learned I don't need to jump up at every little sound... just the crying when they really are awake.

On Thursday, we will have a nurse come to the house to see how we're doing and weigh them. I can't to see how much everyone weighs.

I don't have a ton to write about other than that. Life is feeding, changing, rocking and sleeping lately. But, it's a lovely life. I have three precious, soft faces to kiss. There are six tiny hands to grasp around my fingers. There are 30 fingers and 30 toes to gaze with wonder at their tiny size. There are six feet to adore and watch kick freely when babies are stretching. I love how each of my babies look very unique and different to me. I've never come close to wondering who I was looking at. I love that I can look at pictures and know which baby is in them. I love that I don't have to be a baby hog and can share this precious time with so many. I'm so glad there have been so many arms to hold and love babies... they need all they can get. I don't have to worry about anyone being neglected.

Ok, everyone is still quiet, so I'm going to close my eyes for a little while. Nighty-night everyone. More pictures another day.

Love, Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow!! 7 pounds. He is growing so fast!! Can't believe it! I can't wait. Only 1 1/2 weeks till I am there!! YEAH!!!

    By the way, I posted a really, really long post about camp. You should have plenty of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forget John & Kate Plus 8. I've been working on a title for your show. Which do you like better: Dan and Lizzie-B Plus 3 or Elizabeth and Dan-E Plus 3? I think you should market them...

    Glad to hear everything is going well. Let me know if you need me to run and do things for you.

    ReplyDelete