Saturday, February 28, 2009

9 Months Old!

My little tiny baby loves are 9 months old today! What a wonderful journey it has been! We are having the time of our lives with them right now. They constantly make us smile with their antics and budding personalities.

Levi has started "dancing". He wiggles his head back and forth. Sometimes there is music... sometimes not. He loves to give us huge grins and is so easy to make laugh. I think he is growing frustrated that he is not crawling and can't get around, so we are hoping the crawling comes to him soon. Levi is the best eater. He sometimes puckers his whole face at anything sweet or tart, but he always opens up wide for the next yummy bite! He loves solid food.

David is on the go! He can pull himself up on anything that lets him get a grip. He got a third tooth yesterday. It is on the top this time! Two others up there will probably be through shortly. You'd never know he was teething, except for the runny nose could possibly be from teeth. He is such a content baby.

We took David in for a doctor visit on Friday to make sure his cough wasn't anything to worry about. It hadn't gotten better since last weekend and the nebulizer did not do anything except hype him up. My mom reminded me that when I was 9 months old, I had a chronic cough that ended up as pneumonia and I spent a week in the hospital. We, of course, did not want our little David going through that so we had a doctor check him out. He is doing just fine and he should work it all out soon. The thing that amazed me about the visit was all the attention he got as a single baby. I am used to getting comments when I have all three babies out (since we are quite the traveling circus show) but he attracted attention all on his own. Everyone we encountered got a giant smile with big, blue eyes shining. Even with not feeling %100 and having JUST broken a tooth through, he wooed everyone he saw. People in the elevator, waiting room and hallways, nurses and the doctor adored him. I don't know how often I heard, "OH! He smiled at me. What a happy baby!" I am so proud of my little ray of sunshine. The true blessing is... I have three of them!! They are all like that. I hope and pray that they are pouring out on others all the love and adoration I pour into them everyday.

Aria, my sweet Aria. I watch the video of her cracking a smile at least 10 times a day. She is getting a LOT better with tummy time and actually chooses to roll onto her tummy to spend time there lately. That can only make her stronger and closer to crawling. I can't get enough cuddle time with Aria because she is the last one that is content to just sit with me and let me hold her close. I fear for the last time I swaddle her up and rock her to sleep. The boys will have none of that and we lay them down wide awake to put themselves to sleep. I would try every once in a while, but they are not content to stay put. Aria will. She's my little cuddle bug and loves being wrapped in our arms. It makes me think of that awful (not really awful at ALL... just really sad in a happy sort of way) book "Let Me Hold You Longer" by Karen Kingsbury. Tear.

Many Tears.

"Let me hold on longer, God, to every precious last." Oh put the book away, Elizabeth!!


Hopefully I will get some nice 9 month pictures posted tomorrow.

Love,
The Nostalgic Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Nine months!!! ... where has the time gone? I am currently baby proofing the house for the April visit. I am trying to figure out what little fingers that can pull themselves up to everything can reach. Cool@@@ I can't wait. Your mom just told me that she will work a few of those days so I'll get the babies all day! YEAH!!!! I can't wait!!!

    Love you!

    Aunt Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot our kids have almost the same b-day (my trio is 5/29). Hard to believe we're where we are, isn't it? Happy 3/4 year to your little ones.

    ReplyDelete