Sunday, February 22, 2009

Videos are not my thing...

Grandpa Doug complained about the lack of pictures in the last post, so I have to put something on here today I guess. I am not really into posting videos on here because they take hours for me to load and 75% of the time it doesn't even work. Fortunately for you, this one of Aria blinking at loud noises did work. I have a couple others I will still try to load up for the blog later.




This weekend was quite wonderful. Saturday, I spent the day at home alone and got my house in tip top shape. Oh! It feels wonderful to be organized, picked up and cleaned. One can no longer spot David's fingerprints in the dust on the TV and it is safe to let him venture on all of the clean floors.

Unfortunately, in order to have that little bit of cleaning time, Dan had to take David to the Acute care in Sioux Falls for his cold. His cough was pretty bad and it was beginning to affect his breathing. We were so blessed to have Aunt Donna there to watch Aria and Levi. They were good babies and took a two hour afternoon nap for her! David was given a nebulizer to use 4 times a day to see if it helps. He is such a trooper! We sit and watch about 10 minutes of a Baby Einstein video while he's using the nebulizer and he sits perfectly still. Levi and Aria think the video is a treat too! Here is a picture of David taking it like a champ:



After Dan got home on Saturday, Grandpa Dave and Grandma Deb came for a visit! It was so helpful to have them play with the kids Saturday evening while I could finish my housework. Deb even brought everything for supper for us! This morning we all went to church together and Dan's brother's family joined us too. Josh, Katie and William came to visit and we were able to pass on some more boys clothes! Will is growing like a weed and is trying his best to pass Aria and gain on my boys! We'll see how long that takes. Here are some pictures of the cousins:



David and Aria were playing near each other last night. For some reason, David thought it would be fun to pull Aria over. He got her sleeve, but she got her arm out. Finally, she did topple but they both seemed to be having fun. Here is the series of events:










Aria is probably babbling in this picture. She is pretty good at it!


David was making some great faces while eating his cereal. I had no idea what was bugging him... maybe his nose itched? It was sure entertaining!



Levi was a good boy for Grandpa and ate his cereal right up. He is our neatest eater.


Dan and I (mostly Dan) made some sweet potatoes for the kiddos tonight. It was really easy to bake them and puree them and divide them up to freeze. We set some aside in the fridge ready to go for meals this week too. I have been asked what we do for making our own baby food. I just use this site and the simple beginning recipes they list. www.wholesomebabyfood.com

I also got some old photos from Grandma Deb's camera and can share those too! What a treasure trove of adorable! The trio was playing on the floor at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Here you can see a good picture of David's teeth.

Levi is such a ham! A smile that melts my heart!



A good view of David's teeth.



All three smiling!


Now, is it just me or aren't my kids stinkin' photogenic and CUTE??

3 comments:

  1. No it isn't just you! Those babies make it worth a seven hour drive! I wish I could be there right now ... but teaching is on my plate for this week. It is tempting though I must say! CUTE! CUTE! CUTE!

    Love to all of you!

    Aunt Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you do have very very cute kiddos! I think that Aria and Levi look alike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I was there with you all but alas, I just took a week off I wasn't expecting. Maybe sometime soon. James wants to make a trip up but we just have to figure out a time when.

    ReplyDelete