Last year, Dan went on a snowmobiling trip with friends to the Black Hills. It is an annual group trip that he got in on and hoped that they would have room for him again. This summer, I told him for his birthday/anniversary gift, I would make sure he could go on the trip again if he was invited. Long story short, Dan is right now in the hills enjoying a relaxing four day excursion!
The easiest thing for me to do was pack everyone up and come to my parents' house. An "easy" 1000 mile round trip, you ask? Certainly! I probably could have survived (somehow) those days on my own, but I want to ENJOY my children. :D Dan was coming this way anyway and could help with the drive. Next week, he has to be gone three days for work too, so I was going to have to do it alone or find help again. I find sharing our lives with those we love is a wonderful alternative to struggling at home, so here we are again. The kids and I will be here for a week and then will spend a few days with Dan's parents in Mount Vernon. It will be a nice visit all around. I cannot say enough about how awesome it is that our family gives us so much help. We love them!
The downside to all this travel is missing our home church! I am completely missing my church family at home. I am really sad about not being in the women's Bible study that started this January. I was able to participate in a few other series of study and treasured the time spent with those ladies. I also miss being deep in the Word and gaining invaluable insights through the Beth Moore Bible studies. Unfortunately, I didn't plan ahead enough and really seek out a way to go twice a month because that would mean finding someone to watch the kids. I was short on ideas and didn't pursue the one I had. Now, I haven't been to MOPS for over a month and I am going to miss this week's meeting. I really love the fellowship with other Christian ladies and have a need for that interaction. Pray for me that I might find a way to reconnect soon.
Before we left the house, I uploaded a ton of pictures I thought I could put on the blog because I knew I would be without my computer. In my haste, it seems I have missed Levi's 8 month pictures from that day, so I will have to save all of those until I get home. Since it's late, I will just throw a bunch of pictures on here and call it good. Hope everyone had a happy Monday!
Visiting Aunt Amber and Uncle Jason's house last Thursday. He would be proud of Aria napping in his Hawkeyes blanket! We got to surprise him at school to say hello!
We explode into a mess wherever we go!
David, cruising out of the living room for the first time... the morning after I had commented to Dan that he never ventures past the furniture to the edge of the carpet. I spoke too soon!
David ~ "Hey! What's that doing there? Why can't I open this anymore!?"
Sleepy David with his Daddy.
Aria is sticking with her need to be straight as much as possible. She refuses to bend any part of her body when being put in the high chair. I let her stick it out until she starts to slip or gets to weak to hold her stance anymore.
Ahh, shucks! Not too happy about sitting and dropping the paci!
Happy Aria now!
Look at all the hair on Levi! He's catching up and isn't our little baldy anymore!
Ah, Brothers. A series of pictures in the life of the Nebelsick brothers.
We miss all of you at church and Bible Study as well, but we can't blame you for wanting help. The kids are getting so big. Before you know they will enter toddler land. The time really does fly by.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your trip.
Lori
TOO Cute!! love the arm over the shoulder! I have been slacking on reading everyone's post! Miss it, but no time, I have yet to post this week! Glad all is well!!
ReplyDeleteI love the brother pictures! How sweet are they?? That was just too precious!! I can totally understand why you would want to go back home for help while Dan is away!! I don't even know how you do it by yourself during the day at home! :) Enjoy your time with your family!!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! I love the brothers pictures too. I'm a little partial to those! :) All of your kids are going to be so tall, but Aria looks so tall and lanky! Cute!
ReplyDeleteHi Levi, Aria & David. I can't wait to see you on Wednesday! I miss you!
ReplyDeleteLove Daddy.