Aria got her first tooth this past Monday, February 9th. Then Levi got his second tooth on Tuesday! We were popping teeth all over the place. It sure was nice to know why Aria had whined from 6 am til noon that day and why she completely ruined morning nap for me. That's okay. My poor little girl was sore!
Yesterday, we saw David pull himself up to stand for the first time. Now he is getting stuck once he's up on stuff. He will hang out for a little while and then cry for me to come get him.
While we were away, Aria also started sitting up really well. She can stay up for at least 20 minutes at a time now. She will sit and play like the boys. I am so proud of her. Now if we can just get her to tip over gracefully... she konks her head every time!
Levi has become quite the talker... ahem... I mean yeller! He knows how to get my attention! He may not be crawling, and he may not be the girl of the group, but that doesn't mean he's going to be left out. Wowzers, is he loud! I have to be dilegent about keeping him happy if he's the only one awake because he will wake the other two.
Mommy and Daddy sure are happy to be reunited. It's hard being apart but I know that if I hadn't been with family some of those nights, I would have been on the phone with Daniel telling him to get home! :D The kids are so busy lately and a bit more work now that we feed solids at breakfast, lunch and bedtime. That, with all the bottles, is time consuming! They were also very fussy when teeth were bugging them. I am soooo grateful to all the family and friends that came to help and visit us. I am so happy that my Grandpa Dickey was able to come and help me most afternoons! Thanks Grandpa!
The cutest thing since we've returned is David being able to crawl to Dan! He obviously missed his Daddy because he lights up whenever he sees him and crawls right over to him, or tries to get out of my arms to him. Last night, Dan carried Levi upstairs with him and David started whining when he left. Then he crawled over to the kitchen to look for him and just kept looking around. It was incredibly cute.
The saddest part about David crawling happened yesterday also. I was holding Aria and feeding her while Levi was laying eating a bottle held by the bottle prop next to me. If you interupt eaither of these picky eaters, they will be done. David must have decided he was starving too and crawled right over to me feet. I couldn't pick him up and he just sat there crying for me. It was heartbreaking for this Momma. Lucky for him, Aria gave up on her bottle early and I was able to pick him up.
Tonight, we had a great night at our friend Leo's house. His Mommy and Daddy are our friends Justin and Sara. We also FINALLY got to meet our friend, Parker. His Mommy and Daddy are our friends Tim and Alyssa. Parker is about 7 weeks old and sooo adorable. Tim and Alyssa were a lot of help to us when we were needing extra hands with our kids. I can remember a few Friday evenings when I got a nap because they came with supper and time to hold babies. Thank you! We were extremely excited to finally get to hang out with Leo and his parents. He was been sick on and off and has generously kept the germs to himself. Poor kiddo. We are glad you are feeling well! Thanks for letting us come over and play with your toys. We will definantly do it again soon! (Sara... I hope you don't mind me "borrowing" some of your blog pictures! You can check out Leo's blog here.
Here are the boys playing on the floor. Thanks for the toy we get to borrow, Leo!

All the big kids. Parker will be joining them before you know it, Alyssa!

On the couch:Justin holding Parker, Leo, Tim holding Levi, Alyssa holding Aria. Dan and David behind the couch!

Modeling our jammies!

Modeling our smiles plus our jammies! No paci's kiddos!

Ok Sara, here is the picture of David I thought reminded me of a younger Leo. What do you think?
Finally we have our 8 month pictures. I didn't get a good smile out of Levi, but I will post it anyway and hope you all see the cuteness that I do in those adorable brown eyes. You can't blame the kid. He had just received a shot in both legs a half an hour earlier.
Levi
David
Aria
PS - I am going to be in trouble when Dan gets his email notification about me posting this at 1:30am. It's the only time I have to do this... so readers be grateful I am a crazy night owl! And don't get too upset when I don't get posted very often. :D
Too cute! I love all the pictures. They are getting so big. I can't wait to meet them this summer, hopefully! It will be like meeting celebrities! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Valentine's Day to all! Sorry we are not here to help celebrate and just help.
ReplyDeleteLove you
Grand Pa Doug :) :)
XOXO
Precious!! I love their 8 month pictures...wow, 8 months!! So hard to believe!! Time is really flying by. They are all adorable!! I hope we can meet them sometime soon too!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Valentine's Day! The real Valentine's for you to put in your baby book are in the mail! Love you all!
ReplyDeleteAunt Mimi