We had an appointment on Friday. Yea! for getting to see our babies. They were measured again but we didn't get the news we thought we would. Two weeks ago, they all were 3 lbs, 3 ozs. I was expecting to hear they are now around 4 lbs. The offical weight estimates were 3lbs - 4oz, 3lbs - 5oz, 3lbs - 11oz. The doctor showed small concern about the lack of growth but mostly about the small abdomin measurement on Babies A and B. But, they monitored the blood flow to the babies and it looked good. Now they are going to monitor me twice a week, looking for the blood flow in the umbilical chords and the practice breathing movements in the babies. They aren't overly concerned yet, just being cautious.
So, since I need to get to Sioux Falls twice this week, I'm going to be staying at my aunt Donna's for a few days. Dan will be able to have a few evenings to get stuff done around the house without cooking and cleaning for me. Poor guy needs a break!
Not much else to write today. I'm pretty much in a constant state of exhaustion now so it's probably time for another nap. Eyes... heavy and watering.... night night.
Love, Elizabeth
I'll come hang out with you! If need some company while you are in town : ) Call me.
ReplyDeleteI can tell I am reading a post by a music teacher because when you talk about the umbilical cords you used the word umbilical "chords". Always have that music in the back of your mind.
ReplyDeleteDonna
Thanks for the update! We will keep you in our prayers. Leo measured small too, he was just fine. Keep thinking positive!
ReplyDeleteSounds like the babies are running out of room! Hopefully they find some room somewhere though. They need to stay in!
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Jess
HAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHA..... Donna's comment made me laugh!!!
ReplyDeleteyou should update us again. it has been a while. Are you home? Are you at the hospital? Any perspective due date?
ReplyDelete