Yesterday was a great day! We had a doctor's appointment, spent time with family, got to eat birthday cake, and I celebrated an important anniversary: 6 years since the day I met Dan.
First, the appointment where we saw our sons and daughter! They were measured and here's what we have:
Baby Boy A - 4lbs. 6 oz.
Baby Girl B - 4 lbs. 5 oz.
Baby Boy C - 5 lbs. 2 oz.
That's almost 14 pounds of baby!!! I told Dan as I was getting out of the van to go in to the doctors office that they were getting heavy. I wasn't imagining things! The doc seemed really pleased at the weights. I don't have to keep going in twice a week anymore. We were told that if I go into labor, they won't stop it anymore. The babies will just be delivered! I hope we have a little warning! We'll try and get notice to our parents in time. Now the most exciting time starts: the waiting for labor! I could actually have something normal happen during this pregnancy!! Could it happen tomorrow? or next week? Only the Lord knows. We don't have another appointment until Friday and it would be two weeks until the next growth check. I mentioned to Dan during the ultrasound that this could be the last time we have a growth ultrasound. Yikes! The babies looked so healthy and squished! Baby C’s head was under my left ribs and Baby B regularly kicks my right ribs. It has made typing hard because I sit most of the day with my right fist protecting my rib cage. I have a theme song for this time in my life. It goes to the tune of the Chili’s babyback rib song. Here are my words, “I want my body back, body back, body back, and my ribs!” It’s much better when it is sung. Big healthy babies was all I really wanted for my birthday and I got it. I’ve decided the Nebelsick babies theme song right now is “I Like to Move It, Move It” – you know…. from the movie “Madagascar”?
Yesterday was my birthday. I kept thinking about how I’ve been so blessed in my life through an event 6 years ago on May 16th. Daniel Nebelsick came into my life. I met him on my 21st birthday. That night I sent an email to my best friend called “I met a boy…” It was filled with many details of the evening, but this is how it started.
Kenzie,
Wouldn't it be interesting to someday be able to say that my husband was the best birthday present I ever got? Okay, that may be jumping to conclusions and way over-dreaming this thing... but I think it's funny.
I also just thought that would be an appropriately shocking way to start this letter.
Obviously I thought a lot of the man I had just and was very interested in getting to know him. That was the perfect start to this ongoing adventure which is our relationship. My prediction turned out to be right. And all my dreams came true. If you were me, that’s what you’d be celebrating on May 16th also. He is now the father of my three children and a thoughtful caretaker of me. I’ve heard that the most important decision you will ever make is your spouse… and I did good! (I I thank God every day for bringing Dan into my life and answering all my prayers. The Lord wrote a beautiful love story for us and it gets better every day. I cannot wait to meet Dan’s children and watch him be a dad.
Okay, enough with the gooey stuff about Dan. The rest of my b-day was very nice. We had tacos and cake at my aunt Donna’s house and then I watched Dan and my brother trim trees and pull our bushes from Donna’s landscaping. We had gotten some more baby shopping done that afternoon also. All in all, a very nice day.
There was something else I was going to type about on here, but I’ll have to come back when I think of it… So for now, I will sign off.
Love, Elizabeth
What great news on how lovely your babies are doing! Ryan was only 5 lbs 7 oz, and he was full term, and a single!! I will laugh if your babies (even one of them) are close in size, or LARGER than our boy!! :):)
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that everything is so good for you guys. YOu faithfully serve the Lord and He has blessed you; it is very apparent!
Kristen
WOW, Elizabeth- you do a great job growing triplets!! I can't believe their weight estimates. If their lungs and stuff are developed as well as their weight is, you won't have a long NICU stay!
ReplyDeleteI don't know if they've told you or not- some babies who are born early don't know how to suck to eat. I had no idea of that and when my son was born 4 weeks early, (at 6 lbs 5 oz even) we were in the NICU initially because his lungs weren't developed but then more because he didn't know how to eat without a feeding tube. So don't let that surprise you if your kids can't suck and you have to teach them before you can go home. That was the most frustrating part for me. HOPEFULLY, your kids are more developed than mine was and will come out breathing great and eating like champs- because it sounds like they've already met the weight requirements to go home! (or close- our NICU was 5 lbs.)
Keep 'em cooking- you're doing an amazing job!
And Happy Birthday! :)
Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had a lot to celebrate! I am so happy to hear things are going so good for your precious babies! We will keep you all in our prayers! Thanks for the update!
ReplyDeleteThat's cute that you have such a great story about meeting Dan. Doug and I don't have a story...we know when he moved to Gillette, so we assume we met near then! I'm also glad to hear that the babies are staying inside and healthy - you can't imagine how much life will change when they come out! The other night Scott looked up at me and I realized how dependent this little guy is on me! Amazing!
ReplyDelete