Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sorry! It's been a while.

Ok, so I know I've been neglecting my faithful readers. Sorry. I've been more and more lethargic than before. Exhaustion is setting in, besides the fact that it is very hard to type when the majority of the time I have a fist in my ribs to protect them from Baby B. She's gotten the nickname from me "The Abuser." Just for now... I'm sure she'll be very sweet as soon as her feet are no longer near my ribs.

I'm STILL home!! How exciting is that? It seems unbelievable for being 2 days away from 33 weeks. I was sure I'd be camped out in the hospital by now. We had two appointments last week. Both were uneventful. The babies looked great. Baby A was quite sleepy both times we saw him. I feel him move all the time but he must get stage fright for the ultrasound. Hopefully he does some dancing for the appointments this week. Otherwise, I'm not dilated anymore than I have been before. On Friday, the nurse even said I was boring! That's a very good thing. They want boring! We go in again today and FINALLY get another measurement of the kids on Friday (Happy Birthday to me! - I just want healthy babies!) Everyone asks if they've grown or how big they think they are but we only get to find out every two weeks. They don't measure more often than that. So, we'll let you know then.

We had an awesome relaxing weekend together as a family. Dan and I hung out all day on Saturday and watched some TV and watched some of the bouncy waterbed that is my belly. Dan has started reading to them every day, mostly before bedtime. On Saturday he found a book I bought a while ago called "Let Me Hold You Longer" by Karen Kingsbury. Kind of a sad book - more for parents than kids. But, it kind of got to us and made Dan a little sad... he had a couple tears roll down the cheeks. He's so sweet. We are realizing that the days of feeling our babies kick inside me are drawing to a close. We'll soon be on to a new phase. We just want to treasure every second of this one and our final days of just us together. We've really enjoyed our years as a couple but we're excited for the adventure of parenthood. Anyway, I better go because it's time to leave for Sioux Falls! Thanks for reading!

Love, Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love that book. We got it as a baby gift and I cried the first time I read it. How true...treasure every moment they go by SO fast.

    Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm guessing that Justin lost the DGR pool... He picked today, and we haven't heard anything. I think my date is the winner, although I'm not even in the pool. I never let them bet on me; I told Justin I wasn't a race-horse...:)

    ReplyDelete