Happy Memorial Day! It was four years ago this weekend that Dan and I moved into our house. We raced to get the truck unloaded before it stormed, and boy did it storm! Sioux Falls flooded that weekend, Dan's family had to race to avoid the swirling tornado-like clouds, and we discovered that our house didn't have rain gutters! The plants I painstakingly brought from Rapid City sat on our porch and got gutted by the flood off of the roof. We had potting soil blasted to the side of the house for the next year. It was quite the night. Ahh, memories.
So, we're at 49 hours and counting! The day after tomorrow seems so close, and yet at painful moments, so far away. I've really enjoyed being pregnant. I know I'll be sad when it's over. But, this past week surely has been God's way of helping me seperate myself from the babies in me. I'm SO ready to have my body back and move freely again. I'm looking forward to going on a walk. I haven't done that since this fall. The itching is OUT of control! Stretch marks are bulging and stretching more this last week than ever. I can tell my babies are getting big and strong and they are getting a workout on me! The other night, our baby girl was stretching and it felt like she was pushing her feet off my hip and her head was coming out my side. Yowzers! We are beyond excited to hold our babies and cuddle them. We've been thinking this will happen for weeks, so knowing it's 2 days away seems unreal. I'm really excited to introduce them to the world and announce their names. I feel like I already know them a little and their names seem appropriate.
Well, back to watching everyone clean. That stinks. I wish I could be more help and get up and DO the things I just have to explain sometimes. Oh well. This too shall pass. I don't know if I'll post again before our pre-op appointment tomorrow, so until then... Bye!
Elizabeth
Congratulations Elizabeth in advance! I am so excited for you and I will be praying for the safe arrival of the babies! I can't wait to hear all about it and see cute pictures! Good luck!!! Get some rest!
ReplyDeleteStacey