So, I’m in the hospital again. This time the contractions aren’t slowing down, they are getting more regular. The nurses seem to be preparing me for the imminent c-section. They just came in the insert my IV… yuck! I survived and can still kind of type to you. It sounds like the floor I’m on is kind of active and busy, so maybe I can get them to hold off a little while. I still can’t wrap my head around becoming a mother to three babies soon!!
So, yesterday I was having some irregular but frequent contractions. Dan convinced me I should call… I don’t know why I didn’t want to. They had us come to the clinic to be checked. I wasn’t dilated anymore but they decided to keep me to monitor the contractions. After a while of that, the doctor wanted to keep me overnight for observation. The advantage: yummy grilled cheese sandwich and vanilla ice cream at midnight. I don’t get that kind of service at home! The disadvantage: 5 and a half hours of sleep last night. I think they finished my non-stress test at about midnight. That’s where the nurses listen to the heartbeats until they hear three accelerations in the rates. My sleeper, Baby A, passed the test in the first 5 minutes! My acrobat, Baby C, took forever! I finally woke him up with my hand and then he moved around enough. Silly kids.
This morning, I was checked and the “play it cool” doctor (who I was sure would release me) decided I should stay. He’s the most relaxed out of everyone we’ve seen. Mornings are always the worst for contractions for me. Well, my breakfast took an hour and 15 minutes to come (it got lost, I guess) and I had too much time to start stressing myself out with thoughts of all I’d like to have done, then the contractions started getting worse. All of a sudden, everyone started talking about delivering the babies today! What? That’s not my plan! Ha ha. My plan? That’s funny.
Dan has come to camp out with me now. I sent him home last night because I need someone to get some good sleep (and Dan does NOT do well on no sleep). I think he went to work for about an hour before I called him to come back. I think I’m more stressed sitting here alone and that equals more contractions.
Have a mentioned I’m starving?? I ate breakfast but have been banned from all solids and liquids since then! Dan walked in with his Taco Johns lunch when he got here!! He’s lucky I’m wired down! Just kidding. I actually didn’t mind because he had totally pre-redeemed himself yesterday. I was at home and he was heading home from a meeting and I asked if he’d stop by Subway for me for lunch. When he got home, he delivered Taco Johns!! He had purchased it in Luverne, MN and drove it home. Normally, it probably would have been cold and disgusting, but Dan is too thoughtful for that. He ordered softshells with no lettuce, with a side of lettuce! Why would a person do that? Because he kept my tacos and my potato oles warm on the heater during the 17 mile drive home. Hot lettuce would have been disgusting. The meal was some of the best Taco Johns I’ve ever had.
Well, this is about as long as I can distract myself typing for now. Dan and I are going to start a movie. They couldn’t do a csection right now because of the food in my tummy. Thank goodness for breakfast! We’ll be sure to keep you all updated when we can. Here’s a picture of me yesterday. I was 33 weeks and 5 days along. And yes, I'm huge. According to my loving husband, my belly now deserves its own zip code. Ha ha Dan.
Like I saw another triplet mom saying: the mothership is signing off!
Yay! It's almost time! We're so excited for you and praying all goes well. I've been thinking about you all day since I didn't reach you at home and Shannen said Dan was not to be found at work. So I've been checking in here all day to see what's up. Thanks for the update! I know you're nervous but they will take such great care of you there and once you see and hold your babies and hear their precious noises all your cares will melt away. Let us know if you need ANYTHING! Try to relax and enjoy these last few hours of having your own zip code!
ReplyDeleteShauna
Oh, my gosh! Oh, my gosh! I'm so excited. I can't imagine how excited you are!!! Everything will be just fine, and soon you'll be holding three beautiful babies. I can hardly wait to see if my XYZ names are chosen. Don't forget Jus & I are on the call IMMEDIATLY list! (just kidding!or if you want...our last four digits are GODS...yes, we have God's phone number! ;)) Good luck to all and we can't wait to meet Leo's new friends!
ReplyDeleteBest of Luck Elizabeth. We are thinking about you a lot. Things at school are great and winding down. Watching Mary Poppins for an end of the year treat. Thanks for the help on the recorders. Judy
ReplyDelete