The other day, Levi and Aria both woke up from naps hungry. I carried them both downstairs, changed them and got bottles ready. Aria was propped up in the boppy next to me and Levi was in my arms. Levi was done, but Aria had some left in her bottle and I had to walk over to the kitchen quick. I came back and there was Aria... bottle drained and off to the side and a pacifier in her mouth!! What? Where did the pacifier come from? How did she do that? I believe she had been clinging to one that was in her crib and kept track of it that whole time! Ahh the paci, Aria's first love.
Today, I caught David sitting up from being on his hands and knees! He has done it once before, and Uncle Doug caught it on video on his cell phone. I don't know if I'll ever have access to that, but it was fun to see the video since I wasn't in the room. He's getting so good at the gross motor skills!
We ate pumpkin for the first time today. They woofed it down! Every child would have eaten more if I'd had it thawed. I am so glad we had the insight to make some baby food this fall. We also have been able to puree beans and peas from big bags from Sam's club, so that's saved some money. It really is easy as long as you plan a little bit ahead. So far we've had great success with beans, peas, squash and pumpkin. Avocado, not so much! Maybe I'll try and get the first taste of avocado video on here. It is hilarious to watch them gag. Poor babies. Their parents sit and laugh as they suffer.
Levi has learned to click his tongue by sucking it to the top of his mouth. After he woke up from his nap this morning, I could hear him laying there and doing that for quite a while.
Oh, another first for today... David is hogging the spotlight... he imitated me clapping today. I was trying to teach him. I try with all three but they still want to hold my fingers while I clap. Then all of a sudden he just did it! I praised and praised him and he was so proud of himself he did it a couple times! Yay David! My kids aren't big on tricks yet, mostly cause I don't have a lot of one on one time to devote to training them. It's kind of sad and I hope they aren't missing out on learning cause they are triplets. I try not to compare them to other babies too much. We'll see.
Well, I usually delay posting things because I don't have pictures. Not tonight. No pictures for tonight. Maybe some other night you'll get lucky and only have pictures to look at. For now, thanks for reading! I'm off to bed!
Brooke likes pumpkin too...but her poor bum gets stained ORANGE with the poo when she eats it! The poo isn't orange, but her bum sure is!! She liks avacado, even...and green beans...she eats anything! Will you email me or something and tell me how you make your baby food? I just bought tons of jars on Saturday and they're already gone...I'd love to make my own!!
ReplyDeleteHappy 8 month old birthday David, Aria and Levi. I can't wait to see you in a few days.
ReplyDeleteLove you Grandma Rigsby
try adding just a tiny pinch of garlic salt to the avacado- both of my kids absolutely love it that way!
ReplyDeleteNo, Jeff's kids don't do any tricks. We've tried to "train" them, but they refused to "perform."
ReplyDeleteHey Elizabeth, just wanted to let you know, I've tagged you for the friendship and honesty award. Check out my site to get the scoop on what to do.
www.lifeloveandlaughterinalargefamily.blogspot.com
Have a great day.
Lori