Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Busy week!

It has been a big week at the Nebelsick household! Sorry I don’t get a ton of time to post, but hopefully you understand why I stay plenty busy! 

Let’s see… the triplets are a month old now! As of Saturday, the 28th we have not-so-newborns. They are growing so fast and change all the time. It is so fun to watch them and we find ourselves just staring and admiring them sometimes.

On Thursday, the nurse from Healthy Families came to our house and we were able to weigh and measure them all. We kept their diapers and onesies on, so this may be exaggerated from the weights at the doctors’ office by an ounce or so. But, we did the same with all of them and we will weigh them like this each time, so this is a base weight for their growth from now on. Here are the stats:

David – 7 lbs. 11.5 oz., 21 inches long
Aria – 7 lbs. 13 oz., 21.5 inches long
Levi – 7 lbs. 9 oz., 21.5 inches long

Aria is our biggest baby right now, but just by a little. I’m surprised at how close my babies are in size. It seems lot of the other triplets I’ve read about differ in size so I didn’t expect this.

Friday was an eventful morning for everyone. Melia Winter, a photographer, came to our house and took some photos of the kids. I think they are going to turn out cool and I can’t wait to see them. We’ll get to view them on a website so I’ll post when we see those so you can too! The session for the pictures was a gift from our friends Justin, Sara, and Leo Groen.

Saturday, we took our first outing to Sioux Falls. Dan wanted to take me out on “Date Night.” Aunt Marie and Aunt Donna volunteered to watch the kiddos at Donna’s house while we were out. Dan and I went to dinner and a movie. It was the first time I was able to go to a theater in a looong time. I didn’t have to worry about putting my feet up or running to the bathroom! We are so blessed to have our family taking such good care of us.

Sunday, we took our family to church for the first time. They were little angels. The only peep we heard out of them was when Levi let one rip… right in the middle of a pause in the sermon. I, unfortunately, got the giggles. It was quite embarrassing, but at least aunt MiMi was holding him!

We took some pictures of the kiddos lately. Some are in identical outfits from aunt MiMi. Others are in the outfits that the babies wore in the NICU for their cradle roll pictures. I can’t believe how much they’ve grown. The teddy bears that looked so huge next to them are really quite small. You can tell the size a little better now that the babies are all 7 and ½ pounds.

I can’t believe it is already Tuesday, July 1st. I’ve been working on this post for a week! Time flies when we’re having fun! I better get pictures loaded up and post this. Have a great week!







3 comments:

  1. How cute, and in that bottom picture Aria is smiling. Is that Levi that is the one awake the whole time? I'm going to have to get the boys straight. Sounds like you are getting out more than Tony and I! :) Congrats on your date night. Tony and I still haven't had one since Judd was born!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna be there in three days!!! I am excited!!! YIPPEE... Aunt Jess is coming babies! Then you will be so spoiled. Keep growing!

    By the way, I don't know if Douglas told you, but I think he is planning on being there this weekend too.... can we do tacos on Sunday or Monday?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan and Elizabeth - CONGRATULATIONS! I have been thinking about you a lot lately wondering if the babies came out okay . . . Neil and Lorelie gave us the news and the url for this blog. So fun to see photos! God bless you all and we'll talk when your lives settle down a bit! (Amy Flanegan)

    ReplyDelete