Finally! It's my turn to introduce myself. I am Aria Louise. I was patient and waited my turn to blog, even when my mommy was too busy feeding us to help me by typing for a long time. Thanks everybody, for being patient with us Nebelsicks. I am not able to help my mommy with the boys yet... but someday. I can't even control my own arms and hands yet, so we have a ways to go.
First of all... I can't tell you how many times I have heard my name butchered. The nurse at the doctor's office was the most interesting: "R"-EEE-ah (emphasis on the EEE). Other people call me Area... like, you know... Area 51 or something. Don't ask me how a two month old knows about Area 51. But anyway, it's not Area, or Ariel (you know... the little mermaid... haven't seen that one yet either.) My name is pronounced "R"-"E"-ah(kind of emphasize the first syllable). It means "song", melodic solo. It's perfect for me.
Well, now that we've cleared up my name pronuciation, let me tell you all my other nicknames. The most common is Ari Lou. My mommy calls me that all the time. I am also known as Baby Dolly or Precious. Any of those are great to me. I will most likely answer to anything as long as my mommy says it. I always look to see where she is when I hear her voice.
When you come to see me, you can pick me out by my long dark hair. The pink blanket can be deceiving cause I've seen both boys stealing my blankets. They look ridiculous (hee hee) but I guess they can't be swaddled with small blankies. All three of us LOVEto be swaddled and we feel secure when we wrap up tight. We have lots of pink blankets and only 4 blue ones. My mommy says it's Walmart's fault for always get rid of good stuff when she finds it.
I have big blue eyes that I love to make really wide when I see someone or something I like. I love to sleep. I think I love sleeping more than eating. A few days ago, I did NOT want to wake up for my supper. My mommy tried but I didn't give in. She changed my diaper. I didn't stir. Then she got mean - she gave me a bath! I still managed to stay asleep except that first moment I got dipped in the water. She STILL insisted I eat my bottle, but I didn't open my eyes! Guess I showed her!
Guess what? I know a magic trick! It takes no effort at all but defies all laws of physics - or whatever that is... I take a man who is 6 foot, nine inches tall and wrap him right around one of the most tiny fingers in the world! It's pretty cool. I can do it by batting my long eyelashes, or cuddling up on his shoulder. I love my Daddy.
Everyone around here keeps calling me petite. I love that. I am glad I am not a big chunk like my brothers. You can tell I am lighter when you pick me up. Everyone says I just look and feel like a girl. Well, I sure hope so! Cause I am a girl! I can't wait for the days of shopping and shoes and hair-dos. I am working really hard on having something to curl on top of my head. My daddy loves to try and make a curl on top of my head, but mommy doesn't let him anymore. She calls it a mohawk, and that's not allowed.
I try and be such an easy baby for my poor parents. They seem to have their hands full with us kids and they are trying so hard to be good parents. When I am hungry and cry to tell them, sometimes they are already feeding someone else! I am always happy to wait, as long as I get to sit in Mommy's lap in the boppy pillow. That is - as long as I have my pacifier. I LOVE my pacifier. I have also learned that when they start changing my diaper, I can stop crying and just wait. The bottle comes soon after we are done. Why waste all that energy? I don't understand why Levi yells at everyone the whole time, but I haven't convinced him to pipe down yet. Oh well. Brothers.
I HAVE to tell you, I am pretty mortified. I heard everyone has seen the video of me pulling my hair. Now... I can NOT help that! It just happens. I wish someone would tell me how to control these hands of mine. I don't even know it's me when I'm doing it so I yell at everyone else. Mommy has started making me wear mittens whenever we are playing cause my hands get in my hair, my lips and ears. I don't mind the mittens... there is no pain when I wear them.
Okay. Gotta go. There is eating and sleep scheduled for the rest of the evening. Mommy and I picked out some pictures for you. Here you go!
I love you,
Aria
Sleeping in the boppy pillow on Mommy's lap
Here's my nose... it's a button! (No, Mommy said it's CUTE as a button! Oops!)
Me and Mommy dressed up for my two month birthday.
I was having a hard time with my dress.
This is as good as it gets for our 2 Month pictures. A half a second later, we went back to screaming again. It was not really a good day for anyone. Oh well.
My first big smile for Mommy... caught on tape!
Cute smile! I love when they smile like that. They are getting so big!
ReplyDeleteYou should post (when you have time) pictures from the showers that some of us didn't get to go to!!
ReplyDelete