Monday, July 14, 2008

Hello again!

Ok, I'm sure some of you faithful readers feel neglected this week. Sorry, but there just hasn't seemed to be time to post on here. We've had a great week and I'll try to remember as much as possible. I think I'll try to tell you the Readers Digest version... not the novel.

My parents and sister were here from Sunday to Friday. I hope they enjoyed their week of utter exhaustion! I think Jessica is convinced that triplets may not be the way to go once she and James have children. :) They were a TON of help. I can't believe how fast the week went. My dad washed and stained our deck. My mom helped do a lot of cleaning and organizing again. I was able to leave Wednesday morning and go to my 6 week check-up without worrying about the babies. That went well and I can't believe how well I've healed from the c-section. I can hardly find my scar! On Thursday, my parents sent Dan and I out on a date for our anniversary and watched the kiddos again! Our FIVE year anniversary was on Saturday, July 12th. More about that later.

On Tuesday (7/8/08), we had the babies weighed again. I was shocked at how big they are! Here are the stats:

David - 9 lbs. 6 oz., 22 and 3/4 inches
Aria - 8 lbs. 14.5 oz., 21 and 3/4 inches
Levi - 9 lbs. 4.5 oz., 21 and 3/4 inches

They are close to the size Dan was when he was born. They were six weeks old on Wednesday. Grandma Rigsby got a special gift from David. She was talking to him and he was studying her face and all of a sudden he cooed at her. This is the first "talking" anyone has gotten from any of the kids, so that was fun. I can't wait until they start interacting like that more.

Everyone left on Friday around noon. Dan had been home for lunch and then he left to go back to work too, so I was on my own for the first time. I was nervous but I knew it would be fine. The boys were down for a nap and I was nursing Aria. As soon as Dan shut the door to leave, Levi started fussing. I changed him only to have him squirt everywhere and need changed. That only made him more mad that he wasn't eating that instant. I knew I had to finish Aria's meal with a bottle so I started warming up two. Well, somehow I didn't get the water we set the bottles in warm enough in the microwave, so after a couple minutes of two crying babies, I still had cold bottles! I wasn't alone a half an hour and I had to break a mothering rule. I microwaved the bottles for a few seconds! So then, I had a crying Levi in a bouncy seat and Aria in a boppy pillow and could give them both a bottle at the same time. Aria eventually finished in time for David to start yelling for dinner. When I changed him, he blessed me with a shower and enough leftover for a puddle too. Yay. I had to laugh. David eventually ended up in the other bouncy seat too. They had Momma surrounded! I think they know when I'm all alone, or when my head hits the pillow. They know. They unite. ;)

Saturday was our actual anniversary. We got to spend the day just the five of us. It is so much work but it was really lovely spending time as just us for the first time. We got brave and decided to go out to dinner at Pizza Ranch - just the five of us. Dan and I were ready and when they had all eaten, we put them in the magic seats (aka - carseats) and drove over to dinner. They were perfect angels and slept the whole time. We truly enjoyed ourselves and admired our children along with many others in the restaurant. Obviously, we don't go any where without being noticed anymore but that's okay.

Saturday night, Dan's parents came for a visit. We got some much needed relief from the feeding cycle around here. It is always special when we get to spend time with family. I had high hopes of getting to church in the morning, but the night was too long. I was up with everyone until about 4:30am. Then Grandma Nebelsick came and gave me a little relief, and we tackled the kiddos together. But, I was still wiped out. I am so thankful everyone let me sleep from about 8am to 1pm. I needed that.

I think for the first time in my life, I sort of understand what it is to pray without ceasing (1 Thes. 5:17). I never imagined I'd be praying for a baby to keep sleeping while the other is eating, or for a baby to poop (we've had some constipation issues), or many other daily moments. I have so many moments to give thanks for also... moments I've waited for my whole life. This is quite the wild ride.

Well, I'll quit babbling now and get some pictures loaded on here. I'm sure you're thinking "blah, blah, blah... let's see some pictures already!"

Aunt Jessica! Look at David's hand on Aria's head. They just laid like that for a while.

My set up when I was home alone on Friday. Notice they all have pacifiers nearby and there is a spot for me in the middle.

I, obviously, was unaware this picture was taken until just a little bit ago. Levi wouldn't let me sleep unless he was snuggled in close. Fine by me! I love my little snugglers. I sleep a little lighter but it's better than nothing!

David, hanging out in the swing. So comfy and content.

Aria, stretching out and showing off on the changing table.

Levi... and Daddy set him up to look like he just enjoyed a Sunday afternoon football game and a nap.

Aria and her aunt Kristi in matching shirts.


Grandma and Grandpa Nebelsick with their grandbabies! Finally... after all these years of asking for them we've delivered! ;) We just had to have enough so that there was no fighting over who gets to hold them.


2 comments:

  1. What cute pictures. I can't believe how big they are getting. I think it's fun to spend special days including the kids. My friends always say they'd go crazy if they never got a day away or a few minutes away from their kids, and I say...that's why I had them, to spend as much time with them as possible! I'm glad you are getting some sleep. I think they do know when there is only one person around, or when you get on the phone, etc. and that doesn't really change. My toddlers now scream "mommy, mommy, mommy" the second I get on the phone just to say something that is irrelavant to anything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... David looks like he has grown even more than when I was there! I just posted a couple more pictures of you and Dan and the babes on my blog, and another video. Can't wait to see you again in August!

    ReplyDelete