Friday, April 11, 2008

Yo-Yo and 28 weeks!

Yesterday we had our 11th ultrasound(as far as I can calculate from the recliner)! This was a check-up after our scary report from last week. It is becoming obvious to me that I have a yo-yo cervix! It is back out to 26mm from 18mm. The docs view anything 25 and below "danger zone". Taking it even easier this week did it's job. I had my suitcase packed, but luckily I didn't have to go in to the hospital. My goal is to stay away from even a chance of a hospital stay so we don't have to fret about it so much!

Things have been hopping at the Nebelsick house. My mom has been here for a week and it's a new house! Dan's mom came over on Wed. too and they painted one of the upstairs "future children's" rooms. It's sooo refreshing since it has been a junk tomb for four years.

Mom has also helped me organize tons of baby supplies, shampoo carpets, cook meals, wash baby cloths and fold them,organize our office which got moved to the basement, and countless other things that I couldn't begin to take care of before babies come! She's awesome!

I have to give a "shout-out" to my aunt Marie because she spent a day of her time in Sioux Falls making enough food for an army to put in our freezer! I'm not able to stand up and make
I was so excited to reach the 28 week mark in this pregnancy. Now the babies would have a very good chance if they had to be born anytime. This was a milestone. The next big milestone is to get to 32 weeks - the average for triplets. MY goal though is at LEAST 34 weeks. At that point in time the kids would be fairly developed and would need less help surviving in the outside world. The doctors won't let me go past 36 weeks because there are more benefits for them on the outside than the inside where they run out of room and supplies. (Full term for single babies is 37 to 40 weeks.) Just a little education for those who don't speak "pregnancy" - I never did. :)

Sorry I haven't gotten any ultrasound pics up lately. Our scanner isn't hooked up right now so we'll have to wait.

Please pray for safe travels as my mom heads home tomorrow and my sister and he husband come to visit on Thursday. Pray for Dan as he finishes up house stuff while caring for a invalid wife. Pray for the babies that they grow stronger (much to the pain of my ribs :)) and stay hidden away in the "secret place" (see Psalm 139 - my favorite!).

God bless you and your families!

PS - One cruelty of pregnancy: the butterfingers I have which makes me drop everything, and the belly which keeps me from picking it up!!

1 comment:

  1. I tend too check in and see how things are going. I'm praying for you and the babies.. Dan too : )

    ReplyDelete