Hello world outside my living room!! The four of us are just hanging out here having a grand old time sleeping and eating and trying to keep the hours flying by. I can't believe how quickly this time has passed. I can totally do another month of keeping these babies tucked away safely... it's just getting hard waiting to meet them. I can't wait to hold them and kiss them and see their faces. But, I will be patient. We're still aiming for May 22 at the soonest.
I have to brag about my wonderful husband for a little bit. The middle of last week was gorgeous outside and was feeling slightly stir crazy since I can't take a walk or anything. Well, on Wednesday he came home for lunch and took me for a ride in the van. He had stopped by Subway on the way home and took me for a picnic at Island Park! It was awesome. He had even stopped by the carwash and washed the van so we could sit in the back and not get dirty. The seats tip all the way back so you rest against the seat and sit on the back of them. We settled in back there and had our Subway and enjoyed the 75 degree temps and breeze. I was able to get some sunlight while we enjoyed the view of the river and trees. It was so perfect and (dare I say) romantic. Dan is just so thoughtful. I love him!
We scored some nice buys at the "Mothers of Multiples" rummage sale in Sioux Falls. We were able to get a single and double frame stroller that you just snap your carseats in. That will be so helpful if I need to take babies out but don't want to take all three. We got a really nice monitor for $5 and a few premmie outfits incase the babies are small when they come home. We also got two adorable bouncy seats that came highly recommended by all the moms. It was a great trip to make even though it was snowing out. We got out of there just in time too... as we were walking out the door the electricity in a large chuck of Sioux Falls went out. We were planning on renting a movie to watch with my cousins in Sioux Falls, but had a MUCH better time getting out some board games. What a blessing a power outage can be!
That's pretty much all the action to speak of around here. Hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for all the comments you've been leaving, it's always great to hear from anyone out there and knowing you are thinking of us. If you'd feel like it's been too long since an update... let me know and I'll post. For now, no news is good news. If something big happens, Dan or I will definitely post asap on here.
God bless you!
Elizabeth
I check your blog every day, so multiple-times-a-day posts would be fine with me :)
ReplyDeleteI am so excited about your babies and the apparent love for them that you have. God couldn't have given them better parents--what a perfect match.
Drop me a line anytime if you're bored or have questions or whatever...I had such a good time on the maternity floor this semester and am almost a "real nurse" :)
Glad you like the nursing bib, too! I love the name you have for it :)