It's official... we were April fooled by our babies! Kinda... Here's how we spent our evening:
This afternoon I was really concerned about some clear/watery discharge I had been having. I called the doctor's office to inquire about it and to my surprise they said "come to the hospital." What? Hospital? Now? They said come to the front and be admitted. What? Admitted? Holy cow! (Not me... just an expression for the situation ;) ) So, I called Dan and loaded up a bag, just in case I was going to acquire a new address for a little while.
It was a bit of a nerve-racking trip after that. I was admitted to the hospital at 4:30pm and given a room. They hooked me up to monitors and tried to find heartbeats. The little buggers were no where to be found! It is not like they could have gone far. So then they wheeled in the ultrasound machine and there they were! Three healthy moving babies still nice and protected in their watery home. All fluid levels looked good. After a couple hours the doctor got there and also didn't find anything wrong - there wasn't any amniotic fluid leaking. Pheeeewww! So, we were released with instructions to take it easy and call them the instant we thought something could be wrong. I was feeling a little dumb for having a false alarm but the nurse said that they want me to call every time. The most important thing about keeping these babies healthy and safe is calling right away. Time is of the utmost importance. That made me feel a lot better. We got to head home at about 8pm.
I've never been so thankful so be heading home! I know I will be comfy and well cared for here. Daniel is soooo good to me and takes care of everything I need and then some. AND on top of that he said he was glad I was coming home too! I thought he'd be jumping at the chance to give someone else the responsibility of caring for me! Just kidding. That would have been hard on him. I, unfortunately, was STARVING when we left because the nurses didn't know if I should eat and we passed supper time in the hospital. I foolishly hadn't eaten since 1pm. Over dinner at Culver's we were discussing April Fool's Day and Dan realized that our babies had really gotten us tonight. They sure had me going! I kept trying to think of some way to fool Dan all day but I could only come up with pregnancy stuff - and that's just plain MEAN to joke about that. (I eventually got him by filling his Mt. Dew cup with water - he made a great face.)
Anyway, that's the story of our evening. I'm spending my second night sleeping in the recliner. My ribs hurt too bad when I lay on them now so this is the most comfortable place in the house. As long as I can keep all my pillows tucked in around me, I sleep like a baby... that is as long as my babies are sleeping. They LOVE to move around and play "kick the wall" when I'm laying down. But, if they keep me up, I just lay here and enjoy it. I can sleep in as much as I need to and take naps so they don't bug me. I've waited my whole life for this and I don't want to miss a thing!
Thanks for following the drama that is the Nebelsick Triplets. Until next time...
Elizabeth
SCARY! Glad all is good. We'll be up there in a couple of weeks for a few days and Dan can have a short break if he wants. :) Talk to you soon.
ReplyDelete