Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Hello from the Recliner!

I just woke up in my nest. I have four pillows stuffed in various places around me and one behind my head. The recliner is my new 24/7 hang-out. Dan tucks me in here every night and I stay here as much as possible during the day. Here's why:

On Friday, we had another check-up on the kids. They are growing and doing awesome! Baby A is 2 pounds, 4 ounces. Baby B is 2 and 6 oz. and Baby C is 2 and 7 oz. They are all close in size so that's a great sign. And they've all gained a pound in the last month!

The downer of the appointment was my report. The docs don't like the cervix to shorten below 2.5 cm and we've been blessed enough to maintain lengths around the 3's. Well, now it is down to 1.8. Not good. I was given the instructions to take it "even easier" and to go back in a week. We are headed back for a check-up on Thursday.

PRAY that it lengthens back out and we can all feel slightly safer. I really don't want to be checked into a hospital at this point yet. I know it is probably inevitable near the end but it is way to early at 27 weeks and 5 days. We are praying the babies stay hidden away until at least 34 weeks - May 22. I want to be home where Dan can take care of me because my 3 hours in the hospital last week were uncomfortable and I didn't see any recliners! Dan also would have a much better time not having to run back and forth to Sioux Falls nightly. Yikes... it's a scary thought.

I'm very grateful to have my mom here this week. She's able to help me and be my hands and feet while Dan is at work. We got another bedroom cleaned and sorted so that only leaves the basement to be tackled. Then we can take a deep breath and know that the house is ready to welcome our children. Dan has finished the bathroom!!! I'll include a picture this afternoon after I've gotten a chance to go upstairs for a shower. I try and limit my trips up the stairs to 1 or 2 a day, even though I'm still crawling. It's getting harder now cause the knees hit the belly!!

I can include a few pictures of the nursery and what we have so far. We have 2 cribs set up and curtains. We're working on dressers/changing table at the moment. Against my better judgement, I'll also include one with my big belly in an ugly "no one will ever see me" outfit. Comfort rules the wardrobe now. Outfits are picked out according to "what will I have to adjust the least as I sit all day?" So here you go:




I'll be back later today to show off my husband's handywork. The bathroom is truly beautiful and it's such a relief to have it done.

Ta-ta for now,
Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Love the nursery. Keeping you in our prayers! You look beautiful, Elizabeth. Let us know if we can do anything for you guys with all your trips to SF.

    Cherry C.

    ReplyDelete