Monday, September 8, 2008

Traveling Triplets

We had a busy weekend here. Actually, we weren't here at all, except to sleep! Friday, when I called Dan to see when he'd be home from work, we ended up deciding last minute to go to Sioux Falls for the evening. My Grandpa was coming from Gillette and besides, we needed a "date night." Donna and Kristi graciously watched the kids for us. We had Chinese for dinner and went to a movie. It was very relaxing.

Late Friday night, Dan's parents came to visit. They had a football game for Dan's little brother Jonny and then a wedding in Brookings on Saturday so they stayed overnight with us. Dan's cousin got married. I got some good sleep in the morning while they were here and felt a little caught up. That was very nice. We took the kiddos to their first wedding reception that afternoon and they got to see many, many relatives. I didn't hold one of my babies all night, except to take a family picture or change an outfit. I guess I did have David out by the dance floor and he got to have his first wedding dance with mommy. It was awesome that so many people got to see them and we were glad to share.

Saturday night was kind of a long night for Dan and me. The babies were up eating throughout the night because there was too much to look at to eat well at the wedding. We didn't get everything together to make it to church on time, so we left early for Sioux Falls and met my family at Red Lobster for lunch. The five of us got there first and secured a table for 8 adults and 3 carseats. We are quite a spectacle wherever we go, especially when it is just Dan and me with the three babies. We get lots of questions about the triplets and "oohs" and "aahs". When more family joined us to help carry them, it's not as obvious that they come in a three-pack. An absolute stranger at Red Lobster offered to take them home when we were sick of them and said something about babysitting for us. Dan and I just laughed uncomfortably and found our seats. Douglas later said she kept peeking around the booth to stare at them every once in a while. Hmmmmm.

Side note: Target diapers are worthless. On the up side, we get to see a lot more outfits! I changed Levi today and had to change his outfit. Then we started eating his bottle and had to change his outfit again in the middle of it. Now that is a worthless diaper! Wetness just goes down, around, and up the back. Lovely.

Anyhoo... it is Monday and we are spending the day at home. We are getting closer and closer to sleeping through the night. The kids all went down around 9 to 10 last night. David woke up again at 3am. Levi and Aria made it to 5:30am. Not a bad night in my book, especially since Aria went back to sleep until 9:30am and my parents were taking care of the boys! I got some great sleep again! I am beginning to feel like a normal person again.

For a long time, the boys were both getting up around 2 or 2:30am. We were getting frustrated at their "body clocks" being stuck at that time-or so I thought. Fortunately, I discovered I was wrong and the problem wasn't their "body clock". It was my alarm clock!! I came downstairs while it was still going off the other night. I had my travel alarm clock set one night to pump, and it was still going off every night at 2 am!! I have been sleeping in my own bed instead of the couch, so I no idea. That was a "duh" moment in this adventure called motherhood.

Speaking of "Adventures in Mothering", we went to our first MOPS meeting this past Thursday morning and that's our theme for the year. I almost turned around and took my babies home when I saw the many, many little kids in the nursery. But, my trio went in to an infant room and were the only babies in there. Shewww. I am glad I stayed because I eventually relaxed, they did great, and I had a very nice time. Aria actually slept the whole time. She must have know if she woke up she'd have to eat formula. (We have a theory she is sleeping through the night because she knows we use formula at night and breastmilk during the day. She has figured out how to avoid as much formula as possible. She cries and fights us every night when we give it to her before bed. Silly girl.) Back to MOPS - There was quite a few announcements in a row, and I realized how tired I was because all of a sudden my brain was mush. I couldn't follow anything they were saying and I was on overload. It was quite overwhelming and weird. Eventually, I got caught up. I really enjoyed the small group discussion time and getting to know some of the other gals. I hope I can keep going all year. My friend, Lori, came over and helped get the four of us out of the house. I would have never made it on my own. What a good friend!

Well, that is all for now. I will post this and get going to bed. Enjoy the pictures!

**** If you haven't yet, scroll down until you find the "Baby Guestbook" and sign in, please! We'd love to hear from you!!


Family Photos




Lots of Dan's cousins to love on the triplets.

Mommy dancing with David

Levi sitting up like a big boy!

Aria talking to her Daddy during a diaper change.

There are two Nebelsick grandchildren in this picture! David and ???? (Baby Nebs has yet to make his/her debut)!

Four generations of Nebelsick! Great Grandpa and Grandma Nebelsick, Grandpa Nebelsick, Daddy Nebelsick, and David, Aria, and Levi Nebelsick (babies in that order.)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for bringing the triplets to Kyle's wedding. They are so much fun and I appreciate you letting me spend time with them. Keep your spirits up and remember: you have many hands over here to help when you need a break!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete