Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Dreams

Enjoying the sunshine the other day.


Last night, oh that glorious night, all three babies slept past 3 am for the first time. But, the strangest/sweetest thing woke me up anyway. The hours without hearing from any babies must have been subconciously bothering Dan. I woke up at 3:15am to Dan moving the pillow in my arms. He was trying to get to my arms. He was sitting up trying to place a baby in my arms. I was looking around trying to find the baby. But, he didn't have a baby. He was dreaming he had a baby in his arms, but he didn't. It was so cute! He sat up beside me for moment while I was trying to figure out what was going on... then I patted his shoulder to lay back down. After I looked at the clock, all of a sudden I got spooked. In a strange Mommy moment, I was wishing all three had those blasted monitors so I'd know everyone was okay. Well, I couldn't just lay there (since I had to go to the bathroom now that I was awake anyway) and I got out of bed. Dan shot right back up acting concerned about babies. I told him to lay back down and it was fine. He must have been having some dream. I eventually checked all the babies and heard breathing from all of them. I hope this isn't a fluke and will become a great habit.

This was a dream night for me too! Levi was the first to wake up at 5am! Then Aria was up at 5:30 and David at 5:45! Everybody did a long stretch!! Not only did everybody sleep well, but my mom got up and sent me back to bed! Glorious night, I tell you.


Love, Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. I love your post. When Joshua was a new born and even months into his life every now and then when I would hear Joshua start to cry I would pick up a blanket or a pillow and start rocking back and forth. Michael would always wake me up letting me know that I was not holding our son. After about the 5th time of doing this I was frustrated with my self. As I got more sleep at night this stopped. I wonder if I will do that with the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an exciting, but yet boring night!! :) That is good. Just to let you know I have a big long post for you to read when you need something to do during those late night sessions!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog. Your family is so sweet and such a blessing from God. Keep up the good work. You are such a great mommy and daddy!

    ReplyDelete