We used the carseats four days in a row! We are getting out of the house and seeing places and people. It is wonderful! I hope my children get used to this and are comfortable being "goers" like I am. I would go crazy if we stayed home all the time!
Thursday was our second time at MOPS. It was another wonderful morning for all of us. I was prepared to put them in the infant room this time and relaxed a lot more once we were there. In fact, I was so relaxed I lost my brain for a bit. We pulled up right outside the door to unload everything and I took the kids to get settled in their room. Then I headed upstairs and chatted with other moms. They started to announce the ice-breaker activity which was a car scavenger hunt. We were given a list of items that might be found in a mom's car and were sent to find them. In the middle of this being explained, I jumped out of my chair and yelled, "oh no!" Not sure how loud I was but I felt very foolish. Ummmm, last I had seen my minivan, it was parked in front of the door, running, blocking everyone else from driving through. I was quite embarrassed. Then someone (can't remember who) told me that my friend Lori had moved it for me. Later she told me, "I got your back." I'm wondering if she's got my brain for me too. I didn't win the scavenger hunt... I didn't even hear what everyone had cause I got back late. I couldn't find my car.
Friday, our traveling adventure was over lunch. Dan sometimes eats out with co-workers on Fridays. I loaded everyone up and we met him at Pizza Ranch. There were three others from DGR with him so we had some extra hands and I got to have some middle-of-the-day adult socializing! The kids behaved really well, as usual. I keep wondering when this is going to wear off!
Saturday was a great day! I got a nap in the morning. Dan said I could sleep til noon cause he had things covered. It wasn't until 1:30pm that I heard a peep out of babies and woke up! He had taken them on a walk to the grocery store. Saturday evening we went over to our friends, the Struckmans. They fixed delicious homemade pizza and helped hold babies. Aria was having so much fun, she decided to roll over for the first time!! I missed it, but her Daddy got to see it. Hopefully she can figure out that instead of throwing a fit when I put her on her tummy, now she can just flip over! We'll see. We stayed and watched a movie with our friends. Between the two of us, there were 8 kids and a lot of fun. Their daughter is only 8 months or so older than our babies, so it will be fun to watch them grow up together.
Sunday, we made it to church! Yay! We always seem to get there at the last minute. But hey, at least we get there! I was worried after a late Saturday night. I love our church family and have missed being there for the past few months. I miss playing the piano for church and praise team. But, for the moment, I don't think it is something I can add back on my plate... besides the fact I haven't played much lately. I just don't like feeling disconnected from everyone.
After church we packed up to head to Sioux Falls. That's right, we just can't sit still. :) My aunts got to see the babies for a while and I made a Wal-mart trip! Then we met Dan's whole family (except his youngest brother, Jonathan) at Chili's for supper. They were all there for Jonny's basketball games that evening. Hopefully we'll be seeing them a little more since they will be coming to Sioux Falls every Sunday for a few weeks while Jonny plays. I told the kiddos that if they keep being so good when we go places that mommy will take them out lots!
David, Aria, and Levi (I feel like I never type their names on here) are all sleeping soooo well! It's a dream come true. They are pretty much sleeping through the night every night now. Aria and Levi got up at 5:30 this morning and David slept till 7:30. They all go back down after their first bottle for some more sleep so everyone wasn't really up until around 9 am. This is great! It is sooo manageable now and I can be a better momma. They are getting so big and fun to play with! They talk and coo and smile constantly. I love them so much!
:( I had to have a sad moment today. I put the last size 1 diaper on my baby. Aria got the last one and I took a picture. I know, kinda dumb but I can't help it. I have THREE babies that won't be babies for long and I have to note their lasts as well as their firsts.
Okay, okay... enough babble. I will get to loading pictures. They get cuter everyday!
Love, Elizabeth
Here are some that my dad took when he was here. I don't have my camera by me to load the others, so they will be coming soon. Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment