Sunday, August 31, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Grandma Nebelsick's pictures of all three smiling!



David

Levi

Aria

It was a nice week at the Nebelsick house. We had lots of help and so we are not as overwhelmed as we were at the end of last week. I had learned that I can probably do this myself, but I can do such a better job with some help. Lori Poppinga came on Tuesday morning. Dan's mom, Deb, came to help us on Tuesday and Wednesday. That was awesome. Donna came out Wednesday evening. Then Laurel and her daughter Susanna from church took the night shift. Thursday, Kara stayed all day and that night to help out. Our getaway this weekend was possible thanks to her and her help through Thursday night! Now, we are in Sioux Falls for a long weekend at Aunt Donnas! Dan said tonight that this was the best decision - to come here. It takes a lot to pack up, but it's worth it. People have been able to come see the kids, I have gotten lots of help and we can get out of the house a little bit! We had to come to Sioux Falls for an appointment anyway on Friday, so we made a weekend out of it!

We had a doctors appointment on Friday and we got our first vaccinations. Everyone did sooo well. My mom asked me who cried more... the babies or Mommy? I actually didn't cry at all and they barely did! They just needed a little cuddle from Momma and fell asleep in their carseats on the way out. I just put it in my head that this was nothing compared to what they had to go through in the NICU so we were fine.

Here are the official doctors weights. This is without outfits on.

David Andrew: 13 lbs. 10 oz. 24 inches
Aria Louise: 12 lbs. 1 oz. 23 inches
Levi Timothy: 12 lbs. 15 oz. 24 inches

The lengths are always are to be exact because the babies have to cooperate and stretch out. Their head has to stay in a certain spot. It's not an exact science at all. The doctor seemed very impressed with their sizes and said we can switch away from the "preemie" formula anytime. We'll use up what we have and switch to something slightly cheaper. :) Levi is going to have his monitor downloaded sometime this week. We will see if they want him to stay on it or if we get to lose the "tail".

Friday night Dan got to go out to the big LifeLight concerts and see Switchfoot. I decided not to go cause there isn't much that outweighs the opportunity to sleep anymore. Aunt Kristi and Aunt Donna were here with the babies too. Donna got up with them in the night and I got tons of sleep. Yay!! We are so blessed. Tonight I am actually going to go out and catch a concert at LifeLight. Casting Crowns is playing tonight and I am hoping to make it in time for Natalie Grant too.

The kids are getting to be soooo much fun. They are all very interactive. The smile and coo. They babble and are starting to get a giggle here and there. Just yesterday, we noticed them noticing each other for the first time!!! They are three months old as of last Thursday. They are losing their newborn looks and getting bigger. Yikes! They are all putting their weight on their legs and "standing" if you hold them up. So cute.

I am going to add some pictures from our Mt Vernon shower on August 2nd.. My friend Melissa and Dan's sister, Amber, hosted it for us. It was lots of fun and many people came. There were also two other babies there and other kids. So much joy to share!

Levi being held and Grandma nearby.

Mommy opening presents.

Aria being held by Uncle Ben's girlfriend Maggie. Great-aunt Barb from Wisconsin is there too.

Here is Melissa holding David.

Here are Melissa's real feelings about holding David! She wasn't so sure about handling the babies... but she needs the experience! ;) But, I think I may have accidentally scared her out of ever being pregnant after showing her my nasty stretch marks. I'll have to apologize to her mother. Ha ha.



The baby in the background isn't one of mine. :)




If you haven't already, please proceed to the next post and "sign" of Guestbook! Thanks!! As of this posting, I only know of 18 people who read the baby's blog... and one of them is their Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment