Monday, August 25, 2008

The Best Day

I just had to write today because we just had a great day together, my babies and I. It started out with a long, sleep-lacking night... but after I got going this morning I was fine. This morning I was able to send a half-way rested Dan off to work. The babies were good enough that I was able to get a shower in before 9 am! Then, I got them ready and packed a diaper bag because we went in to Daddy's office!

It was a bit of a production to load everyone in carseats and load all three carseats in the van by myself. They are getting heavy but I can still get Aria lifted over to the back seat. Dan met us in the parking lot and proudly carried his children in to his workplace. We didn't make it much past the front door before a small crowd had gathered. It was so much fun taking the kids to see a bunch of people who love them so much! I am always glad when everyone finally gets to meet them. I tried to be smart and make all the efforts worthwhile, so David and Levi got their mid-morning feeding at DGR. Yay!

When we got home, unfortunately, no one stayed asleep in their carseats. But, we still had a quick and easy afternoon together. I am getting pretty good at feeding two babies at once if I need to. Levi and Aria fell asleep while David was finishing his SIX ounces (I guess he was hungry this afternoon) but he was still wide awake. So, we got his bath in early today. I always feel like a good mom when I get a bath done for some reason. It's hard for me to remember sometimes because there is nothing routine about baths for us. They are laborious and tiring but if I spread them out, I don't get overwhelmed at the end of the day.

I decided everything was going so well that we would try to go visit the teachers at school also today! I had to take to opportunity since it was almost 3 pm and I was actually showered and had brushed my teeth. ;) This was a slightly more difficult trip than DGR because no one was going to be there to help carry in carseats. I was taking the triplet stoller! First, I had to figure out if I knew how to unfold and refold it. Check. Then it had to fit in the van. Check. I loaded it up. Then I started the 10 minute baby load-up project and we were off!

Thinking ahead just a bit, I decided the school parking lot could be an interesting place to be with my gigantic stroller and three babies as school was letting out. I parked in our church parking lot up the street and we had a nice stroll down to the school. Most kids were cleared out by then. It was kind of hard navigating the stroller through the doors, but I didn't mind doing a 4-point turn cause I have an awesome steering wheel on my stroller!! We didn't get very far down the hallway before a crowd had gathered!! It was so much fun introducing them to everyone and taking them "to school" for the first time.

Our pastor and his family saw us heading to the school so when we got back to the van they waved us over to their house for a visit. Pastor Jeff and Lori were kind enough to help me feed David and Levi again so I had more help for the day! Yay! Many hands make light work for Momma. It was fun to have our first of probably many visits to the Poppinga house. That was our second social call in town. In July we spent an evening with the triplets at our friends, the Struckmans. Every time we get out of the house with everyone it builds my confidence that I can do this and life will continue outside our four walls. It just energized me to have two successful outings on my own today. I came away feeling more and more like I can do this. I can be a good mom to this kids. I know I can be their mom - but I want to be a really great mom.

We weren't home before long and Daddy got home from work. Then my aunt Kristi and cousins Ryan and Alecia came to visit/help. It had been weeks since Kristi had seen the kids and she had missed them. I am so blessed to have such wonderful family that helps us so much. The wonderful part about their visit was I sent Dan to bed right after supper. He needs a little time to catch up on sleep or I'm going to lose my biggest night-time help. Yikes... scary thought. He doesn't do as well with sleeplessness... and I don't have to use my brain for much besides loving my children. I don't even use it to remember when they need to eat or have a messy diaper. I have a chart for that! :)

Okay, enough ramblings. I'm done with my "free time"... babies are sleeping so I must be sleeping. Good night all!

Never mind. I'm feeding Aria so I have time to load some pictures!

Here are some candid shots by my aunt Tina:

Great-grandma Rigsby & Aria

Grandma & Aria

4 generations

Levi

David




Tina holding David, Justin reading to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment