Some days, David hates his bath. He will feel one toe go in to the water and starts to panic. As soon as his little bottom goes in, there can be a full fledged fit thrown. I've done baths where he looked strait into my eyes and screamed for the entire time. Other times, we can sooth him out of his rage. I have found lately that the song "Do, Re, Mi" from the Sound of Music is quite effective at distracting him from his troubles.
David hates to go to sleep. Just yesterday I was putting a tired little boy down for his nap. I had him swaddled and started rocking him and he has learned that signal... he starts fussing. Then he starts throwing his chunky-monkey weight around trying to escape. Next comes the screaming... seriously I heard a scream out of my sweet baby yesterday. And all of a sudden he will be out like a light. Just drops off to sleep when he gives in. It's amazing.
I don't want to just describe what David hates, so I must add that David loves to eat! We never have problems with him eating. The best part about feeding David is the burp. This boy can belch. He rattles the walls frequently. It is quite entertaining.
David has discovered the TV. I had it on today watching the History channel while feeding babies. Well, I noticed he was looking at it, so I laid him in the boppy pillow with his back to the TV. Well, the little stinker pushed himself up over the top so he could watch TV upside down! I got a picture.
Upside down TV
Carseat smiles
"Hey! I know you!"
David being held by Grandma, talking to Uncle Josh. Quite the conversation!!
I hadn't checked your web site for awhile and WOW! Have those babies grown!! I LOVED the video! And I SO enjoy your writing, Elizabeth! I really think you should write a book! Unfortunately, I missed the last DGR lunch outing with you and your kids, so next time I will be there! You and Dan are such great parents - your babies are VERY lucky! Enjoy every day!
ReplyDeleteWhat an adorable video!
ReplyDeleteMary w/trips from BBC