Tuesday, December 9, 2008

6 Months

I know, it's the typical question EVERY mom asks when she gets to this point (and many others along the way) but, can you believe my babies are six months old already?? I can't. In some ways, it seems like forever has gone by since they arrived in our lives, and in others it was just yesterday we were cuddling our five pound babies for the first time.

Six months is a wonderful age! They were official six months old Friday, the 28th of November. Dan said to me the other night that he thinks we have reached the easiest time of the year with the babies. He figures it can't get much better than three kids sleeping from 8pm to 7am while being mostly immobile. There is no chasing them around yet. They stay where we put them. We are having a grand ol' time! Their personalities are busting out and we love watching them grow and play. We love how they smile at us and everyone!! We went to the mall with them on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and everyone we saw said, "Oh!! He (or she) smiled at me!" For the most part, they are happy, contented babies and are a delight in our lives.

The mall trip was fun! We wanted to shop for clothes for pictures and thought they would enjoy getting out and seeing something new. We didn't get five feet in the door and three sets of shoppers commented to us about having triplets. We got, "Boy, you have your hands full!" and, "Twins, noo, triplets!" and, "Oh look, triplets! Three boys?" Aria was very much in pink between the two boys, but everyone assumes the three are the same. It didn't take long to learn that we had to avoid eye contact and keep moving or we would never get anywhere. The babies liked shopping and looking at everything. We ended touring the entire mall looking for the perfect dress for Aria (never did find one there) and Aria was the only one who lasted the whole time. She is going to be my shopping partner! I am exicted to have a little girl. The boys were asleep halfway through our travels, but no one fussed. We have such good babies.

We spent Thanksgiving at Grandma and Grandpa Nebelsick's this year. It was a big day filled with lots of fun and visiting with our big family. There were 45 people over for Thanksgiving dinner. I was running into people I had yet to see after dinner and dessert! We visited with lots of cousins, aunts and uncles. It was too crazy and I didn't get my camera out that day. Hopefully someone reads this and sends me a few! (hint, hint)

Friday after Thanksgiving flew by too fast! I, of course, did not even consider going Black Friday shopping with Dan's sister and brothers because there is no amount of savings that trumps sleep right now. Dan got up for the morning shift, as per our agreement, because then he got to go pheasant hunting that day! I was excited for him. He loves the outdoors and was able to spend time with some relatives. His cousin, Kim, came over and helped me in the morning with babies. I got an awesome two and a half hour nap since she got the babies as they woke up from theirs. My nap seemed to draw a lot of attention from family, but I never feel guilty about getting a nap when I have help! Lest anyone feel the need to judge, come fill my shoes for a day, or a week, and you will need a nap too! That evening we spent dinner time at Dan's aunt and uncles for another big family dinner. I love how big and close the whole family is and I am so glad the kids will grow up knowing their family.

Saturday brought another big family get-together for David, Aria, and Levi's Great-Grandma Nebelsick's 80th birthday! We spent the afternoon/evening celebrating with her and the rest of the family. This was the third night in a row with a big crowd, but the kids did great. They are such good babies to be able to take places and know we will all be just fine. There are rarely meltdowns and if they get crabby, we usually know how to fix it right away. I am a blessed momma. We took some pictures Saturday evening, so I have some to share!

I am not quite sure where David was all night, but obviously Aria was being the social/photographic one. I feel bad when this happens, but it's hard making sure equal pictures get taken of all three babies. At least we got our picture of all the newest Nebelsick cousins together. Here are some shots:


Aria and the Birthday Girl!

Josh, Katie and William with our family.

Aria and Maggie

Katie & William, Daddy & Levi

Aria and Grandma

Grandpa and Levi


Here are some of the details about taking care of our six month old babies: We serve 15 to 18 bottles a day, depending on how sleeping falls and if they are extra hungry for a 6th bottle. We change at least that many diapers too. The kids eat every three hours, because that is when they are hungry! I know a lot of parents try to go to a 4 hour feeding schedule, but we always give them as much as they want and they have never seemed to stretch past the 3 hour mark regularly. This is fine with me because they sleep through the night, so I don't mind feeding them more during the day!

Our playland, formerly known as the livingroom, consists of lots of toys, clothes, blankets, a hamper, a diaper pail, and a changing table. The toy "stations" include two mobiles to lay under, a jumperoo, an exersauser, a Bumbo chair, two bouncy seats, and a blanket with toys for tummy time. These are all set up most of the day. We finally have three highchairs set up in the kitchen for mealtimes. Yay! The countertop in the kitchen is still covered in baby paraphernalia for making bottles, but we only have about 6 months left of that! The bookshelf decorations have been replaced by tons of books and the five-change CD player is filled with instrumental hymns and lullabies and Baby Einstein CDs. We have come so far in this wonderful adventure and every day brings something new.

David is wearing size 2 diapers, and size three at night. Levi wears 1-2 during the day and size 2 at night. He would be in 2 all the time but I am trying to use up our last box of 1-2's from forever ago. Aria wears 1-2's also, but will soon be in 2 as soon as the others are gone.

Here are their weights: (which were way back at the 6 month mark at the end of Nov.)

David~ 18lbs. 11oz., 27.75 inches
Aria~ 16lbs. 2oz, 27.25 inches
Levi~ 17lbs. 11oz., 27.75 inches

I am not excited about the fact that we will have to be shopping for new carseats soon. Getting a baby in and out of a carseat in the way back of the van won't be fun!


Now that I have procrastinated in finishing this and posting it, I probably have a couple more pictures to add. Here are my boys!
David~

Levi~He likes to tip his floor toy over!

3 comments:

  1. Oh ... thank you, thank you, thank you for posting new news and pictures. I miss you all and this is my connection besides phone calls. Pretty soon I can call and chat with babies. :) I love you all and will see you soon! Aunt Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Car seat tip for when you get to convertible seats or forward facing, if you're interested:

    Put two kids in the back seat and one in the middle. Whichever seat is not used in the middle keep folded down (since you have stow 'n' go). If you have an automatic door, leave the seat on that side down. Being able to just climb in to the back seat is so much nicer than having to climb over seats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I keep telling you the kids are going to catch up with Denver, well...David's officially done it and I'm guessing the other 2 aren't far behind. I can't imgaine carrying around 3 Denver's! You guys are doing an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete