Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ummm... Yuck!

**** Edited 12/19/08 ~ Dan said I had to add one more picture! :D

It's my lucky day! Poopy diapers galore! Three new outfits were needed. But, I am afraid David took the cake today. I have NEVER seen what I saw today, and if you are squimish, turn back now. I am going to share something that is rather disgusting, but I laughed. I laughed and gagged. It could be worse... at least blogging doesn't smell!

David had a good ol' time jumping in his jumperoo today. After he was tired of it, I picked him up and he was putting off a distinct aroma. Before even taking him to the changing table I checked for the level of damage. Sure enough... stains already up the back. Gross. I laid him down on his belly on the changing table and started to remove his sleeper. I found more than I bargained for. There was mess past the shoulder blades. I took off the sleeve and found more across to his arm! I knew my husband would have new appreciation for my job if I had evidence, so I took some pictures!! (Sorry, teenage David, someday daddy David will understand!)




There were worse pictures, but I'll spare you. At least you get the idea!

Unfortunately, I was a little lazy when all three were sleeping this afternoon and sat down for a long lunch instead of cleaning. This meant that when I went to change the mother-of-all poopy diapers, there was a big pile of diapers stacked up on our pail. I had been pretending they didn't exist all morning, I guess. I had no where to set the mess as I was trying to clean it up. Luckily, my laziness paid off because I had yet to get the laundry in the washer! David's sleeper was the inspiration I needed to get that going! While this was taking place, Levi decided that David used up his eating turn with the time it took me to clean him up and Levi was hungry! This was Levi's face by the time David was fresh:


You can't see them, but tears were hitting the changing pad.

Needless to say, Levi got fed first. David didn't mind too much. I think he was just grateful for new clothes, and a little peace and quiet with a bottle in Levi's mouth. So, that was my laughter for today and a fun moment in mothering. I learned I better take two minutes and take care of some household chores while the time is available. It's not so fun to deal with when there is a messy, rolling little boy up on the changing table! I also learned I can gag pretty hard without puking again. When I was pregnant, the gagging gave way to running for the bathroom!

Here are my precious boys and the new habit they have of seeing how far their tongues stick out! Someday I'll have to teach them it's rude. Until then, I laugh and do it with them!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gracious. I am gagging anf for some reason think that I can smell that distinct aroma. :) I do believe the laughing is helping to quiet the gagging. :) I'll be there soon to help with little ones! The last Christmas performance was tonight and tomorrow I am bound for South Dakota and Iowa. Love you all!!

    Aunt Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! You have such a way with words and such a great sense of humor. I remember once when this happened to Kurt and Liza. She was two and I was working evenings. He called me and said "She has poop everywhere!" I told him to put her in the tub and shower her off and everything would be fine. He found out how hard he could gag without puking too :) He didn't have his wits about him to take any pictures Ha, Ha! Kids, you gotta love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was very disgusting. I have seen my fare share of poopy diapers but never have I seen one go up the back that far, yeck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! I can't imagine! Mt stomach is squimish right now!! EWWWW... at least you ended the post with something funny (though I laughed through the entire post!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not looking forward to this stage!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my. I don't think I ever saw one that bad. They do get better as they get older. I remember Ethan going through so many outfits when he was younger and now they stay contained...for the most part. The joys of mommyhood! And they say being a stay at home mom isn't work. I'd trade with them anyday. =) I love reading your posts, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gross! but I'm laughing just picturing the mess and the cleaning up that you had to go through:P Three babies ARE a hand full, especially when they poop SO much, YUCK!!! Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family:) LOVE the new picture:)
    Digna

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was Owen everyday! My first baby went through at least three outfits everyday and his nickname was the poop machine. Raymond was somewhere in the middle and Judd has never had a diaper like that, in fact at 2 months old I stopped taking a diaper bag with me because he was so clean. I just throw a diaper and a little thing of wipes in my purse and go! Owen was the worst let me tell you...WOO-Wee.

    ReplyDelete