Friday, March 20, 2009

Driven to Squeal!

I just can't take it. My kids are toooo cute! I can't give them enough kisses. My lips are literally chapped at the end of the day. I can't hug them enough. I want to squeeze them tight and love them up. But, they are fragile and get annoyed. So, after the playing with the third cutie pie in a row on the changing table, I just had to squeal at them out of pure love and joy for these children! They loved it and kicked and laughed. We yelled and danced and smiled for all the love in this precious family of mine. I just can't even take it! They are beyond cute!

We had a well baby check up today for 9 months. Here are the stats:

David: 22 lbs., 29.5 inches (80%)
Aria: 18 lbs. 11 oz., 29.5 inches (95%)
Levi: 20 lbs. 11 oz., 29.5 inches (80%)

Yes, my kids are tall. They probably always will be. It was a sad, sad day for them. They were made to give up their treasured carseats. You should have heard the protests we got all the way to Sioux Falls today. I felt terrible because it was nap time and no one could get to sleep in their new carseats. The new ones sit more upright and must not be as comfy. We were well aware of their feelings. Without decent naps, they were crabby babies this afternoon. Not good. It helped with an earlier bedtime though!

Dan and I did not have to worry about bedtime tonight. The babies are with aunt Donna and aunt Kristi. They gave us a glorious night off!! We came home alone after dinner at Olive Garden. Yummy! It was very strange driving up to the house with no one to unload and put in bed or the babies not there in bed already. Much to my dismay, Dan settled in to a relaxing night of.... basketball? Ewww. I am not so much interested in the NCAA tournament so lucky for you, I am blogging! Yay! The real bummer is the basketball game is still buzzing away and my hubby is sleeping. I know if I went and got the controller he would instantly wake up, so I'll just keep chatting with you, bloggy readers.

New happenings in the life of our triplets:

David likes to hang out with his right hand fingers crossed, like he's telling a fib or hoping for good luck. It's pretty cute.

Aria has become VERY giggly lately! She laughs and giggles at everything. So cute!

Levi is rocking up on his hands and knees. He is progressing nicely in the crawling game. But, I am busy enough keeping an eye on David that Levi doesn't have to rush anything.

We are starting the paci transition with Aria. I am going to start giving it only at nap and night times. I don't want to have a painful seperation a ways down the road. Oh, the trials of her young life.

David is finally letting us feed him food with some texture. When we started bigger "chewing" chucks he would gag, spit it out, and blow raspberries if you looked like you were bringing the spoon back to his face. This wasn't fun when he already had a facefull he was trying to get rid of. Just today he gobbled up whatever we gave him, so now we just have to work on crackers and cheerios. I give Aria a cracker and it is GONE. I hand one to Levi and he will work on it. David picks up his, holds his hand over the floor and lets go. Stinker.

Their favorite song right now is the "Itsy Bitsy Spider." I don't do the traditional actions with them... the spider crawls up their tummy and tickles them. They LOVE it.

Last weekend we went to Gillette! Are you shocked? You are probably surprised I hadn't reported a trip in the recent weeks with how regularly we've been traveling. Dan took a quick snowmobiling trip to the Black Hills with his dad and my brother, Doug. I wasn't going to let everyone head that way without me... especially on my best friend's daughter's first birthday!! Happy Birthday, Rylan!




Here is Levi after he fell asleep on my parents floor. He was one tired boy. He couldn't finish his bottle.


David loved throwing the laundry ball in the laundry basket and then fishing it back out. He did it a few times! Do we have a future basketball player on our hands? He's practicing already!


Levi modeling his sunglasses as we were getting ready for a walk with Doug, Kara and Daddy the other day!



We loaded up and went to the park for the FIRST time! Everyone got a turn on the swings. I have a feeling we will be spending hours at the park very soon! I have gotten the scoop from another triplet mom which park has three "baby" seat-swings in a row. Good thing to know for next time!





Daddy taking David down his first slide!


Levi got really comfy on the way home.

I could just get lost in those brown eyes.


All three play together so well when they want.


David is in desperate need of a haircut. This was my attempt at a mohawk after baths on Wednesday night. It just curled right over. Unfortunately, Dan thought it was funny to put one in Aria's hair and never combed it down! It needed major help before we could go to MOPS on Thursday morning. I got her out of bed and carried her straight to Dan and said, "What have you done to our daughter!?" Too bad I didn't get a picture first.


Aww, our beloved carseats. They love them. Here are my big ol' babies growing out of their infant carseats. They are just too big!

David in June, and now.



Aria:


(This is also an unashamed plug for the signs we have hanging on the carseats. They really did the trick at keeping curious strangers from handling our babies in public. You can buy them here at www.mytinyhands.com)


Levi:



All three in June, leaving the NICU and now.


It's fun to see how far we've come!


On Thursday, David was sporting a new style - backwards pants. I don't think we're supposed to be sagging our backwards pants, David! This was the way I found them after MOPS. I also found the diaper on backwards!! I am thinking they tried to change my boy on the floor and he wrestled them enough that they gave up and got the clothes back on any way they could. I speak from experience. He only behaves well on the changing table!


Our flying Precious Princess Poopsie, waiting for a diaper change from Daddy!



Finally, we have pictures from today in some of our favorite toys for the boys. I wanted to show David's tired eyes since he got me up at 5am this morning. Ugh.


I had to take a picture of Aria on the changing table because she stretches out so nicely to show how long ALL of my babies are on this table! I am afraid we are going to outgrow this too!


Lastly, I have a few videos I'd love to share, if I can get them to upload. So, hopefully they will be coming soon!

Love, Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. Oh for cuteness sake. I am so glad to finally have a new post on here. I thought if I checked it three times a day they would appear faster ... I should have come to help and you would have had time to blog. :) I can't wait for those little squealers to get here to Gillette. See you soon!!!

    I Love You!!
    Aunt Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have gotten so big and soooo stinking cute. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this age that they are now. It has always been one of my favorites, 9 months - 15 months. Great things going on all of the time. They learn SO fast! Our families are drastically different Elizabeth. Your children have already outgrown mine. Your family is above average in height, while mine is suffering in the short world. :) My poor little boys will forever be destined to be short. All of your babies at 9 months are a good 2 inches longer than my 12 month old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, great pictures! They are crazy cute!!
    Just wanted to invite you join this new network I started:
    www.multiplesandmore.blogspot.com
    have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete