Saturday, November 15, 2008

Election Night, the Theater, Dr. Appt., & Many Pictures

Once again, I have two or three week's worth of happenings to blog about. I should keep this updated better so they don't have to be so long. I have tons of pictures to share, and a few stories.

When I blogged about our trip last time, I was having fun telling of all my mishaps and adventures. Now I can tell you some of the baby's adventures! On November 4th, my mom and I took the kids to their first political event... just to get them started out on the right foot. :D We stopped by the party for Wyoming Senator Mike Enzi's re-election. (He is Republican... get it? Right foot? Ok, I'm a dork. Moving on.) He is a friend of our families and graciously let us take a picture of him with our babies. His youngest granddaughter was born the day after David, Aria, and Levi and we got to see her too!



While we were in Gillette, my best friend brought her darling daughter, Rylan, over for a play date with the kids. Rylan was moving all around showing off her crawling skills. David took one look at that and decided that was a skill he wanted! He's been spending most of his floor time on his tummy and now he gets really animated trying to get all his limbs going. He can't get up on his knees quite yet, but we know it's a matter of time.

Here are some pictures of Rylan and Aria, and Kenzie holding David and Rylan.




Our first few days in Gillette, the kids were getting used to a new place and new routine, but seriously, I think they were trying to kill me. I was getting very little sleep because they were getting up in the wee hours of the morning for a bottle. We decided it was time for a bedtime feeding of cereal for everybody! Poor Dan had to miss the first feeding of cereal for Levi and Aria, but I knew he'd have plenty of nights to make that up in the future! (haha) Here are some picture of the first feeding.




The first weekend we were there, my family got together for our traditional "Taco Party." I have a picture of the babies being cuddled and fed by our friends and family.




On Friday, Nov. 7th, David got to go out with Mommy all by himself! I went to see the Campbell County High School production of "The Sound of Music." It was directed by my aunt and friend Kenzie, and my cousin Justin played Kurt. David got to go on a date, because he was the last to be able to do something alone with one of us. Aria went to lunch and shopping with me in August, and Dan took Levi shopping and in the tractor in September. I was a little nervous about leaving Aria, because she has become QUITE the Momma's girl. She cries when new people hold her and will stop when I take her back. Uhg. But, my brave friends stepped up and volunteered to babysit! Amber and her husband Jonathan said they would watch the kids if I wanted to go to the musical. So brave. Amber had helped me a lot while we visited in Gillette and I knew the kids would be fine. I never worried about the kids, I always worry about the babysitters and what the babies are doing to them!! But, they survived and did an awesome job. I would trust my babies again with them in a heartbeat. I just hope I haven't delayed them having their own kids for a while! :D

The weekend brought with it a huge snowstorm that pounded the Black Hills. Dan and my other family from Sioux Falls weren't able to come to Gillette on Friday like they planned. My brother ended up not coming at all, so Dan said he wouldn't either. My aunts were still coming so one of them could help me drive back home. On Saturday, my mom got home from a errand trip and called to me, "Elizabeth... look what I found for you at Walmart!" Lo and behold, there was my husband!! He surprised me by making the trip along with my aunts. YAY! It had been too long to be away from him and I didn't like the thought of two extra days.

Since Dan was there and lots of other family, Saturday night ALL the babies got their first theater experience! We all went to the musical. I loved watching their wonder at the orchestra sounds and the kids on stage. I was last year, musical weekend, that Dan and I announced our pregnancy with triplets to our family and friends in Gillette. Sooo much fun! I can't believe how far we've come in a year. We thoroughly enjoyed the musical. The bebes pretty much slept through the second act and we whisked them off to bed when it was over.

Here is a picture of the David, Levi and Aria all bundled in their new hats from Aunt Jessica. This wasn't the musical night, but close enough!



We left before church on Sunday so we wouldn't be driving all hours of the night. The trip was pretty uneventful. We fed everyone in the Arby's in Rapid City. I was pretty disgusted with the fact that there was no changing table in any bathroom - note for future trips! But, we bundled and ran back and forth to the front seat of the car for a chilly change a couple times. We didn't have to stop again (except for a quick fill of gas) until Mitchell. We stopped at Dan's Grandma's to feed/change/play. The kids were very happy to be out of their carseats. I love it when we get to see both sets of grandparents in one day. We had Uncle Jonny hold all three babies, even with a cast on his arm! We were able to to get home at a decent time and get to bed near(ish) bedtime. Unfortunately, I didn't get pictures while we were in Mitchell. I will have to get those from Nana Boo Boo (aka - Grandma Nebelsick :D... you'll have to ask Uncles Josh and Ben about that one!). Here are some pictures of the family helping with the morning routine and saying goodbye Sunday morning in Gillette.

Aunt MiMi cuddling her great-niece and nephew... Aria and Levi


Grandpa Rigsby with David

Uncle James and Levi


This is actually Aunt Jessica and Aria the evening of the musical, just before bedtime. Aria was sticking her bum out as she was standing there. So cute!


Now for some pictures from before we went to Gillette, when my sister Jessica was here helping us. THANK YOU JESSICA!!! We had a birthday party for Aunt Kristi where we took pictures of me with all three babies (again-finally), Dan balancing David and then me cuddling the sleeping David.




This is where Levi kicked Daddy's chocolate and caramel cake on to the floor. Ooops! Sorry Donna!

Here is Ryan playing his viola for Kristi and Jessica.


These are some of our special times with Jessica: getting Aria dressed for church, Levi in the bouncy, David with a peek-a-boo look from behind the toy.




Here, all the babies are in their hats from Aunt MiMi. They say "Future Senator"! She got them in Washington, D.C. while visiting the Enzi's.





Finally, we had a check-up at our pediatricians' office on Nov. 11. We were told the babies were doing awesome. The doctor couldn't believe how big they were and said they weren't even like preemies anymore. We didn't compare their growth on the preemie chart anymore. I was so excited to hear their weights and percentages. David was quite the handful on the doctor's table because he wanted to roll around. I know I will not be able to take them to the doctor's office by myself for a long time! Here are the stats and a picture on the table. I will end the endless post and try to break it up a little more next time!





David:
Height - 27 and 1/2 inches, 90th percentile
Weight - 17 lbs. 14 ounces, 90th percentile

Aria:
Height - 26 and 1/2 inches, 90th percentile
Weight - 14 lbs. 14 ounces, 50th percentile

Levi:
Height - 27 and 1/2 inches, 90th percentile
Weight - 16lbs. 10 ounces, 75th percentile

All I can say is "WOOOHOOO!" All of my fears about triplet preemies and having health issues have pretty much disappeared. They are doing so well. Thanks for all your prayers!

Love,
Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's awesome. They are normal baby size!! Yeah.
    Sounds like you have been busy. You get out with your three babies more than I get out with my three kids! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizibeth, I am laughing because my twins are now 9 and I STILL worry about what they are doing to the babysitter more than what the babysitter is doing to them. I remember very well when they were little doing the same thing. Do you think it will ever go away?

    Carla

    ReplyDelete