Monday, February 11, 2008

Lazy Evening

Well, I've spent most of my evening in my nice recliner. It's piling up snow outside and it's very pretty. I've been feeling the babies so much lately, I just feel bad I can't share this with Dan yet. I can tell which one it is and that's really cool! I feel Baby C the least because he's across the top and I usually have to be still and conscentrating.

Dan and I spent the weekend working on getting this household of two ready for a family of five! I guess it's kind of like the country song, "We're two of a kind workin' on a full house." We wondered if we'd ever have children to fill our rooms, we never dreamed we'd do it all at once! Anyway, we have one of the spare rooms upstairs mostly cleaned out and have to move on to the office. We had 3 1/2 years of filling every nook and cranny with our junk. It will be sort of a clutter relief to have a reason to sort through and reorganize. I love organizing and Dan hates it. I'm not so great at the upkeep of a system, but Dan likes to get things back in there space, so we're a great team.

We have a nursery set picked out and we're planning on just one nursery right now. If there is a fussy baby (IF... ha!) that needs to be seperated then there will be a place in the other room. BUT, we tried to be smart and have a place for nighttime help (if it's volunteered) to sleep upstairs too. I can't wait to get the office cleaned out and started setting up baby stuff. I love the crib set we picked out. Here's a picture:


Obviously that's not our nursery but you can see the design. There are Mommy animals with their babies. We decided we could do a "Noah's Ark" theme to go with it. We'll worry about making a boys room and girl room when they are old enough to care and are probably out of cribs. (Boy they are moving! Maybe that means they are fine with the idea.)

I'm also going to post a picture of my best friend McKenzie and me when I saw her in January. I was 17 weeks along and she was 32 weeks. I think we look alarmingly similar in size. Of course I have a triple load, but I fear what my 32nd week will look like. Here we are: (Hope you don't mind Kenzie :))


Anyway, enough for tonight. Keep all of us in your prayers! Thanks!

Love, Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. That is a cute set! It will go great. If you need help cleaning and re-organizing, I'll come help! :) Just let me know when and we can see if I can find a weekend web-fare to gly up there.

    Thats cool that you can feel them now! Are they fighting yet?? You know, they probably will. :) Anyway, glad things are going well. Talk to you later.

    PS. we have some more diapers and wipes for you. We are going to Gillette this weekend so we will take them up there and you can get them when you come back before Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know I updated my WW stuff like you asked on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete