The kids are adjusting pretty well to having Lucas here. All of them have learned the word "baby" but haven't said "Lucas" yet. David loves to say,"BABYYYY!" whenever he sees Lucas or even just remembers he is around here somewhere. He likes to rub his hair and practice being gentle. We have to remind him a lot because he gets excited. Aria was very curious about Lucas and likes to touch him too. She wants to give him hugs, but she is also easily distracted by other things to play with too. Levi doesn't acknowledge Lucas very much. He was a little interested to see what we had brought through the door after being gone for four days. He really only came over to Lucas after he heard the baby start to fuss. I think he thought it was a new toy that makes noise and wanted to figure out how it worked. He giggled few times. When we didn't hand Lucas over to play with, he went back to what he was doing before.
We have had a nice routine going now that we're home. Unfortunately, that may all change when my dad leaves on Thursday. He has been such a big help around here. Dad is basically taking care of David, Aria and Levi while I concentrate on Lucas. I am able to "help" with the kids, but I am handicapped by my inability to lift anything. I never even considered having a second c-section because I knew that would make it impossible to take care of my own toddlers for 6 long weeks. Well, I guess it was not in the plan, so now we are going with the flow. Tonight I was left alone with them for 10 mintues and ended up having to lay Lucas on the floor behind a baby-gate quick to confort a fallen Aria after having just taken care of another crisis with Levi. It was quite overwhelming.
Lucas is spoiling us. He cried while being weighed at a breast-feeding consultation I had today and it seemed like a very unfamiliar sound! We don't hear him cry very much. We are keeping to a good feeding schedule and it seems to work for him. He'll start to squeak if he wants to eat, but I initate most feedings. He doesn't like being cold while changing clothes. The most I have heard from him was when he had his first bath. He was pretty cold and uncomfortable then. Otherwise, he is as quiet as a mouse in this house of chaos. Last night he went 5 hours between feedings and I got a good stretch of sleep. Nighttimes have been decent so far. I feel like I am in newborn heaven. This is all I could have dreamed for for adding another child to our family. Lucas is a precious little miracle and a huge blessing. Here are some more pictures from the week:
I caught David, Aria and Levi all standing with their hands behind their backs while staring at the TV. I don't know where they got this because Dan and I don't stand like this that we know of. Toooo cute!
Congrats again Beth! Baylie called Daisy "baby" for the first oh, 6 months I guess. She would say 'baby' and we could correct with 'yes, baby daisy' she got the hint after a while. And hey don't worry Lucas will find his voice in a house of chaos, Daisy was very quiet and watchful, not so much now though! lol. This seems silly, but have you thought about putting a playpen with a bassinett insert down stairs? Its better than the floor and not as far to bend to pick him back up. Just a thought. Wishing you the best, The Soesbe Clan
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that last picture with their hands behind their backs. This must be a trait of part of them being multiples! :) Lucas is very cute and sounds like a blessing. Judd was my blessing and I am hoping Tess will be the same. Isn't the funny thing to you about bringing home a new baby, that you leave your babies at home and they still seem so small and after the birth of the new one how HUGE your older ones seem?? :) I always think that's funny. Especially after Judd. Raymond was potty training but still in diapers and I remember the first diaper I changed of his after bringing Judd home and I was like...Man you have a HUGE butt! :) -ha ha
ReplyDeleteCongrats again. Love the updates!
I'm so glad things are going well. We can't wait to meet him in just a few weeks and hopefully get the bigs kids together. Love the pics and you very much!
ReplyDeleteYou have beautiful children. You are a super Mom. I have 2 little ones just 8 1/2 months apart and I don't know that I could handle a 3rd. Ha!!! How wonderful that you're getting some sleep.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your beautiful baby boy! I am so happy for you that everything went well with the birth and that he is such a good baby. Congrats also on your trio's 18mo milestone!
ReplyDelete