Thursday, October 22, 2009

June

June was a great start to a busy summer! The kids had just turned one and were really starting to blossom. I have a variety of pictures from many June adventures and some fun at-home, every day moments.


This is the morning of June 2nd and the kids had just indulged in their first double chocolate chip muffin. They thoroughly enjoyed their "breakfast cake", as I like to call it.





The kids like to climb on or in anything they can. Here is Levi in the toybox... before David decided he really needed to shut the lid and I had to intervene.


Aria got a new hair-do! I was trying to get a good picture of her "Pebbles" ponytail and then....


She pulled herself up to stand for the very first time, on camera! I was so proud!



On June 4th, we were invited over to a barbeque at our friends', the Oedekovens. We helped them break in a new grill and the steak was fabulous. Then the kids had a ball on all of their outdoor toys.

Here is Molly giving David, Elsie (Oedekoven) and Levi a ride around the yard.


Levi is loving it!


Aria soon got in on the fun and sat with Elsie.


Here is David, Aria and Levi on the teeter-totter.


I have given up on worrying about my kids when they are sent flying 18 feet in the air. I guess if I don't trust Dan with them, who do I trust? They love it! Here is Levi's flight, then Aria's.



On the 5th of June, I loaded up the kids for one of my crazy Gillette trips. I knew we hadn't been there since April and wouldn't be going again until late July, so I packed them up and headed out! It was still fairly easy to do since I was only 15 weeks pregnant at the time. Here are some pictures of the kids while at Grandma and Grandpa Rigsby's house:

One of my favorite pictures of all three kids from this summer. They had figured out how to chase any adult down the hall and attack until someone got through into a bedroom. If there is only one adult, one would almost always get through initially because you can only grab one or two at a time. There was a playpen set up in my parents room, so they all got put in their during one such adventure. They happened to be thrilled!


Aria chasing Grandpa down the hall.

Levi chasing Grandpa down the hall.

And here is David working his walking magic down the hall. He started walking in June and mastered the skill throughout the month. This was only about a month after Aria started crawling! She has always taken her own sweet time...


Here are some socks that Grandpa just had to have David try on... what do you think, Dan? (Dan is a Vikings fan. I grew up in a Bronco household!)


Aria trying to get the camera, as usual.


Levi and Grandpa.


We had some fun playdates with Rylan, my friend Kenzie's daughter. She gets along best with David because he seems closer to her maturity. And he's just so social! At first, I don't think she knew what to do about all the kids her size but they all warmed up to each other quickly.

Here are the girls, looking like they could be chatting it up! Oh, what fun they will have in years to come. When I knew I was having two boys and a girl, I prayed for Kenzie to have a girl so mine wouldn't have to be alone. It worked out so well, especially since I know Kenzie kind of wanted a girl and loves dressing up Rylan in adorable outfits. So fun for all!


This was our best shot for a group picture.


My little Curious George, Levi.


Awwww, David and Rylan's first kiss. So innocent and sweet. (Which may or may not have been, but definitely was encouraged by their mothers. Ha. :D)


Aria playing.


Due to the cuteness portrayed by my son, Levi, I had to include this picture. Just ignore the unsightly Momma.


Here we are back at home, later in June. They were still mostly kept in our back livingroom/playroom. We baby-proofed all of the main floor, except the kitchen, not long after this. Here is Levi standing at the gate.


Aria had a habit for a while of making this face. I don't know if she thought it was a prettier smile, or she was just protecting her eyes from the flash. Either way, it made me laugh every time!


David's hair was starting to get in to his eyes already.


June 20th, we had a small hometown parade for Heritage Days. There isn't much that goes on in town for the 4th of July, but Heritage Days is a lot of fun! We loaded up the kids in the triple stroller and walked downtown. The parade hadn't started when we got there and were trying to find a place to set up chairs. We were quite the sight for most people, I believe because all of a sudden I heard "YAY NEBELSICK'S!" and clapping on the opposite side of the street. We knew we were being watched, but it was very obvious we made a great pre-parade show. At that moment, we were the parade! Here is us in our seats:





David and I after I fed him a chocolate popsicle. They loved all the parade goodies! The didn't always appreciate the big load trucks with obnoxious horns.


The end of June brought the wedding of Dan's brother Ben to the beautiful Maggie. The kids and I went to the Nebelsick house for a few extra days of visiting before the big event. Levi like playing with the TV buttons.


Here is Aria hanging out with her Great-Grandma Nebelsick.

This girl loves her accessories!


The whole Nebelsick family at Ben and Maggie's wedding!


David is all dressed up for the wedding and ready to explore the church!


Aria in her pretty dress from Grandma Nebelsick.


Dan and I at the wedding.

Aria all tuckered out after a long day. My aunt Marie drove from Sioux falls to watch the kids during the ceremony. She braved the three of them in the camper!! They were tired.


Dan and the boys at the reception, already in pajamas! They didn't last long at the party and fell asleep on the way home.


A typical lazy summer morning at the Nebelsick house. They were all drinking their bottles.




Later in the day, David worked on developing his climbing skills.



Ahhh, finally made it!


Aria in a matching outfit with a delightful neighbor girl who helped us this summer. Taylor was great with the kids.



Ok! So, I made it through June! I have pictures loaded up for more installments of our summer and fall, but they are missing the witty (ha) narration from yours truly. I am laid up in bed with the flu, so hopefully they will be coming soon! We would appreciate your prayers for our health and Dan's sanity. He has taken over the entire household and is doing an awesome job. I get breakfast/lunch/dinner brought to me and anything else I need. He even carried the recliner and TV up to our room to make me comfortable. The only problem is when I leave the room and Dan sends me staight back in because we know if everyone gets what I have, our lives will be miserable. We want the baby to be safe and me to get better SOON! We have a wonderful family in Christ surrounding us and taking care of us also. Thank you to everyone!!!

4 comments:

  1. Yay!! Thanks Beth, I've been looking forward to an update for forever! Hope you get well soon, Baylie had it too, no fun at all!!! Looking forward to the next one- The Soesbe Clan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone in Gillette will be happy to see your new pics. Mary Pat already commented it was good to see them.

    Love you and praying for you all contently. Mom (Grandma)

    ReplyDelete
  3. El yay for a post from the Nebelsick family! Those children of yours are precious. Wish I had the time off so I could come help and bring Rylan to play....next summer we will have more adventures for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are feeling better. When is baby due again, Nov. sometime, right?
    What an awesome husband to do all that for you.
    Cute pics. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete