Thursday, July 16, 2009

Baby Surprise!

We had our ultrasound for Baby Surprise yesterday! That is his/her official name until his/her surprise arrival. We did not find out the gender of the baby because we are looking forward to the, "IT'S A ...." announcement at birth. We did not get to experience that with the triplets, for obvious issues with the complexity of getting ready for triplets. Who wants to pick out 6 possible names? Not us. This time we can decide on two possibilities, which is proving much harder than I would have thought!

The baby was looking great. The weight was 14oz. and the heart rate was 138. It was strange and wonderful watching the screen as we got to peek at our ONE baby. There was no confusion as to who's head/legs/arms we were seeing. The baby was quite active and I could feel every single movement. The placenta is in the back, so there is no cusioning any of the blows. With three babies, it was never this pronounced and defined. So fun! When they had finished all their measurements and check-ups, the tech went back for some fun profile pictures. We immediately saw the baby was sucking it's thumb. We all went, "awwww." So cute!

I am now 21 weeks and growing. We are past the half way mark and can't believe how fast this is going! I am excited and scared to see what life will bring in November. It doesn't seem real sometimes. I think that is just because we cannot even BEGIN to imagine what life is going to become and how crazy it will be. Come to think of it, our brains are probably not allowing us to go there in our minds to prevent a major breakdown.... kind of like the opposite of a blackout after a tramatic incident. It's a pre-blackout. Ha.

Here are the ultrasound pictures:





On another note, we need lots of prayers for my sister's triplets. She is now in the hospital for the remainder of her pregnancy. Baby C is not growing well because of an issue with the placenta. The doctors are hoping she can keep them inside for another four weeks, at least. That would get her to 30 weeks. I am praying she makes it at least until 32 weeks. So, your prayers would be greatly appreciated. Her blog can be found here.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't officially congratulate you:) CONGRATULATIONS!
    I'm praying for your sister and her babies. I took the liberty to email her to the hospital. I told her our story. I hope that we'll help cheer her up:) Please let me know if she would like me to call her or continue to write her or anything that would help. Please let me know. I've been in her shoes and I know how hard it is:( All the uncertainty sucks:( We need to stay positive and continue to pray:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you don't know me, but I came across your blog and have known about your triplets. I love hearing about your blessings. Congratulations on your pregnancy and I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy. My husband and I have a similar story. We tried to get pregnant for 3+ years, went through fertility treatments which were unsuccessful. We adopted a baby boy and when he was 6 days old we found out we were pregnant. We now have 2 beautiful boys that are 8 1/2 months apart. Isaac is now 21 months and Caleb is 13 months. They are a handful but the light of our lives. I can imagine your house is very busy. Congratulations again.

    Amber & Ross Kooiker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heya! Good to hear from you! and congratulations on your pregnancy! I see I'm about two months behind you, so stay in touch and we can commiserate together later when we both have new newborns. Or maybe instead of commiserating we'll be celebrating how easy it is!! Wouldn't it be great to feel like its a breeze? Watch me get a colicky baby.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and keep coming by! Good luck to your sister.

    ReplyDelete