I had kind of a tramatic day on Tuesday. I was back at school for the first time in a week because of spring break. It was miserable. I was exhausted from the beginning. I got swollen feet and it was painful to stand. I decided I couldn't do it anymore. I was guilting myself in to staying at school because I know the kids will be disappointed to not have their concert... but it was no longer possible for me to be there. And they weren't prepared enough for someone else to step in and do the concert for me. I was devestated to be done before I expected and leave the students hanging. But, I am not willing to put these three precious children at risk for anything. So, I'm home now, keeping everyone healthy and growing. I guess this is one of my first times going with my instincts about caring for my babies and I feel good about it.
This weekend I had pregnancy pictures taken by my aunt Tina. I'm really excited about how they turned out. I loved celebrating this glorious belly of mine. I've dreamed about being pregnant for years and I love treasuring this fleeting time. Here are some of our favorites:
Dan's favorite

My favorite

A couple of other favorites!



This is the kids' most active time... about 4 pm to 5:30pm. I love sitting here watching the belly bounce and jiggle. Pregnancy is so weird! I think there are so many moments to laugh about. I think it's funny that the XL pregnancy clothes don't hardly fit anymore! Don't they know how big bellies get during pregnancy or what? And I hopefully still have 2 months to go! But, now I'll be home and can live in men's XXL tall T-shirts. Yea! It's also weird to have my brain functioning like it is. There is a wall in there that blocks out words that I've known my whole life. I can't talk! THEN, there are times when the wall is completely missing and I blurt out things I haven't even thought about. Like the time I told my mom I had bought some croutons to have with our chokecherry jelly. She was confused of course... since I meant croissants. The belly-button is on it's way out, slowly but surely. AND it's off-center! Who knew that would happen? Dan always thinks it's funny when he sees me crawling up the stairs. My weight is distributed easier that way... that's all I can say.
Well, it's after dinner now and I better get this posted. Laundry to fold and I'm going to visit with Dan as he's working on grouting the bathroom. Talk to you later!
Love, Elizabeth
Beautiful pictures!
ReplyDeleteIsn't the pregnancy brain-turning-stupid wonderful?! I called all my students Joe by the end of the school year because I could NOT remember their names for the life of me. I hate to tell you - it doesn't get better, either. :)
Kara (Gleason)