Sunday we had our last day at the pool here in town. We went to the pool often enough this summer to make the family pass worth it, but not a ton. There has to be at least two adults there, and three to four adults was preferable at the beginning of the summer. Here is a picture of the babies with the Kooiker girls in June. They were a huge help! The camera didn't make it to the pool again because I never wanted to risk it near the water.
Later after baths that night, we had our first haircut. I was so sad, but it has been needed for months! David got the top of his hair trimmed. I couldn't bare to touch the curly locks in the back yet. He still looks like a boy, so we will leave them for now. The ends of his hair were fuzzy and hung past his eyes. They started bugging him and he would play with them. It was time. I have a video that would be way too long for the blog to upload, but I have some after pictures. I will see if I can find a picture that shows it before because I forgot to get the regular camera out before we started.
Grandpa David and Little David with their matching haircuts:
Before pictures... note the straggling strands down his cheeks:
After:
"Hey Momma! Where's my hair!?"
Monday, we played with pudding at lunch! It was more of a time to learn how to use spoons, but they were definitely playing as much as eating. It was fun! I was glad Dan came home from work and was able to help me as well as experience this with them. He told me I was brave, but what's a little mess. I think I stopped seeing "mess" a long time ago. It's just life. It's our life and will be for at least a few years so there is no reason to freak out over it. Here are the results!
David was our spoon expert:
Levi gave up on the spoon early and started digging in with his whole hand. My mistake came when I exclaimed, "Good job!" and he started clapping! Pudding splattered everywhere:
Aria was pretty good with the spoon but liked playing with her hands too:
The mess:
The rest of the summer was a big adventure with lots of travels. The kids have grown and changed a lot. I have been making notes about all the stories I have to tell. Hopefully this ties you over for now. Thanks for sharing in our crazy lives!
Love, Elizabeth
HAHAHAHA I needed a good laugh! Love it! I miss you all. Hope to see you soon. Or I guess it probably will be Christmas. Love you all.
ReplyDeleteAhhh, relief. A new post from the Nebelsicks! I love the pics and you are so brave with pudding. I'll have to tell my mom to try it with Rylan. I'm not brave enough to deal with the mess!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh. It is a good thing Grandma wasn't there. She would be having a fit. Love you and miss you. Grandma Rigsby
ReplyDeleteJudd loves pudding too, he's really quite good with a spoon and when he gets frustrated he hands it to me to help him scoop. I understand wanting to do nothing but sleep. My house feels like it is severly neglected! Only a couple more months and you'll have a new little one. I can't wait to find out what you are having!
ReplyDeleteI think these are the times where you need a dog! He can just lick everything up that spills overboard and if need be lick faces too!! That would be one happy doggie!
ReplyDeleteVery cute!
A dog would just add to chaos, Lindsey! :)
ReplyDeleteElizabeth it is so good to see your post; your babies have grown into people! They are beautiful and changing. I'd love to see a picture of how you are changing too!! 27 weeks?! Where did the time go?
Glad to 'catch up' some :)
Kristen
Oh, we've had the dog comment many times, especially when anyone sees the floor after a meal! But I will sweep the kitchen as many times as I need to avoid dog hair all over my house. No way! There were only a few pudding splatters on the floor. I was surprised!
ReplyDeleteThe last photo of the three messy babies in their high chairs made me smile. You'll have a nice photo to blackmail your kids with when they graduate from high school or get married.
ReplyDeleteMaybe try vanilla pudding next time as it doesn't stain.
Too funny! Your title for this post was quite creative too! I love it. The pictures and commentary made me laugh! So good to have new information that is visual! :) I was thinking after I talked to you last night that maybe the children were crabby because they can sese that the summer is coming to an end. I can't believe how blonde Aria is getting. Have a great week.
ReplyDeleteLove to all of the Nebelsicks!
Aunt Mimi
I hear that there are triplets coming to Gillette! Woo Hoo!!! I'm so excited!!! And I'll be in Gillette too!
ReplyDeleteLove You!!
Aunt Mimi